Audi s3 8p multiple misfire misfire on cylinders 1&4

Truckerpete13

Reaction score
Hi my audi s3 8p keeps coming up with the same faults random/multiple misfire p0300
Cylinder 1 misfire p0301
Cylinder 4 misfire p0304

I've changed the sparkplugs and coil packs but still comes up but only when idling when driving the EML goes off and car is fine I am waiting for a new pcv as I have noticed that its showing the signs of needing to be replaced
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem

Depending on your mileage, this may also be a symptom of partially blocked fuel injectors as you have changed plugs and coils already. A decent garage like RTech in Nuneaton would be able to diagnose this and sort it out. At the same time as having the injectors cleaned, most people would have the inlet valves decoked or walnut blasted as they can get heavily carboned up over time. A partially blocked injector can cause a weak mixture leading to higher combustion temperatures and problems with pistons in the piston ring area. You are doing the right thing by trying to get it sorted out.

Reactions: Truckerpete13
Depending on your mileage, this may also be a symptom of partially blocked fuel injectors as you have changed plugs and coils already. A decent garage like RTech in Nuneaton would be able to diagnose this and sort it out. At the same time as having the injectors cleaned, most people would have the inlet valves decoked or walnut blasted as they can get heavily carboned up over time. A partially blocked injector can cause a weak mixture leading to higher combustion temperatures and problems with pistons in the piston ring area. You are doing the right thing by trying to get it sorted out.
Cheers bud I've found the problems now I changed the PCV and noticed the long pipe which goes from the unit to the bottom end was broken soon as I changed it all the faults cleared

Reactions: Flosman
I have exactly same issue just replaced plugs and still misfiring! I changed the pcv not that long ago so can't be that?