2017 TDI Dealer Engine ECU software update?

c_w

Reaction score
I've got a 2017 TDI 184 that is due an oil service. Booked it in at AUDI and they advise me there is a "recall" software update for the engine ECM. I asked if this is something I can opt out of, and they said no. I'm open to improvements, but something tells me it might be related to emissions and therefore compromise the car.

Will I get it back doing 10 miles less per gallon and lower power?

You'd need to know the tpi to get info tbh.

Reactions: c_w
It will likely be the emissions recall reducing the power output and blocking the egr

Do not get the software update!!
I had a VW Golf previously and they wanted to do the update, but there was so many complaint about power reductions, and cars just cutting out when driving.

Stop taking your car to Audi, and find a great Audi independent garage where they will listen to you and not install updates without your permission.
Also your bills will be cut almost in half by not using Audi, and you will get better service.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've got a 2017 TDI 184 that is due an oil service. Booked it in at AUDI and they advise me there is a "recall" software update for the engine ECM. I asked if this is something I can opt out of, and they said no. I'm open to improvements, but something tells me it might be related to emissions and therefore compromise the car.

Will I get it back doing 10 miles less per gallon and lower power?
As above,

let me know what work you want doing I can do it for you