Instrument Nav only showing compass

fireman099

Reaction score
Hi, My B9 A4 2017, has suddenly started to only show the compass on the instrument cluster in Nav mode. It used to have the option turn by turn and distance to next turns etc etc.

The licence has run out of the sat nav but it was still working since that ran out.
Anyone had this or any ideas? Tried all the menus but can’t find anything?

Thanks in Advance
Neil

Hi, My B9 A4 2017, has suddenly started to only show the compass on the instrument cluster in Nav mode. It used to have the option turn by turn and distance to next turns etc etc.

The licence has run out of the sat nav but it was still working since that ran out.

Thanks in Advance
Neil

Are you using Waze or Google Maps or another navigation app through Apple CarPlay or android auto? If so I believe it then does that but it’s been a good few years since I had my B9…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in Advance
Neil
I have had this a few times in the past - and it takes a reset of the Navigation MMI to put it back - process described here -

I guess a bug in the software.

Are you using Waze or Google Maps or another navigation app through Apple CarPlay or android auto? If so I believe it then does that but it’s been a good few years since I had my B9…

Yes it’s the same with no phone connected! Had read that somewhere and tried it! It has worked fine for the 8 months i’ve owned it and suddenly changed. Could it be part if the licence for the nav do you reckon ? To get you to pay £14.50 a month?Although that ran out ages ago, and has worked since didn’t know if it may be time dependant?

Reactions: Daggerit
Yes it’s the same with no phone connected! Had read that somewhere and tried it! It has worked fine for the 8 months i’ve owned it and suddenly changed. Could it be part if the licence for the nav do you reckon ? To get you to pay £14.50 a month?Although that ran out ages ago, and has worked since didn’t know if it may be time dependant?

I really don’t know, but I think the subscription is for the map imagining rather than just having navigation. Could be wrong though!

The license is just for updates, not to run the map. Mine only shows the compass if I use Google maps via Android auto

Reactions: Sibmets and Daggerit