2.0 Tdi 143 shaking on accleration

DMCC

Reaction score
Hi, on my 2013 audi a4 2.0 tdi with 110k miles it shakes when accelerating on throttle, for example 60mph in 6th gear and put your foot in gradually the shake goes though the car and can see the gear stick shaking. The shake seems to be able to be controlled with the throttle, doesn't seem to come through the steering wheel

I have had it checked over by a reputable mechanic and he could not see anything wrong in terms of cv joints etc. He also done some road tests measuring fuel and boost pressure but all appeared normal. One thing he did say was the clutch appeared to be that of what you would expect with the miles but said there was no apparent flywheel or release bearing noise.

I know the chances of diagnosing this over a forum are very slim but just interested to see if this has happened anyone else before under the same circumstances?

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Hi, on my 2013 audi a4 2.0 tdi with 110k miles it shakes when accelerating on throttle, for example 60mph in 6th gear and put your foot in gradually the shake goes though the car and can see the gear stick shaking. The shake seems to be able to be controlled with the throttle, doesn't seem to come through the steering wheel

I have had it checked over by a reputable mechanic and he could not see anything wrong in terms of cv joints etc. He also done some road tests measuring fuel and boost pressure but all appeared normal. One thing he did say was the clutch appeared to be that of what you would expect with the miles but said there was no apparent flywheel or release bearing noise.

I know the chances of diagnosing this over a forum are very slim but just interested to see if this has happened anyone else before under the same circumstances?

Do you get it only at 60mph and above or it is there on slow speeds as well.

I had this on Mrs’ A3 but then car would shake only when moving from standstill or turning left. It turned out to be bad CV joint.

From what you mention it appears to be either engine or transmission mounts, control arms (likely) or even alignment.

Like you said, difficult to diagnose here on the forum. I’d get it checked thoroughly by your mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do you get it only at 60mph and above or it is there on slow speeds as well.

I had this on Mrs’ A3 but then car would shake only when moving from standstill or turning left. It turned out to be bad CV joint.

From what you mention it appears to be either engine or transmission mounts, control arms (likely) or even alignment.

Like you said, difficult to diagnose here on the forum. I’d get it checked thoroughly by your mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for the reply. My car only seems to do it only when driving, no vibrations taking off from standing.

I will get another mechanic to have a look over it, although don't really want to spend a small fortune replacing stuff that isnt really wrong.

Reactions: V6_Man