SQ5 SQ5 - service; what should I get done?

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
So the SQ5 is going for its first MOT and service since I bought it eight months ago. It's a TFSI petrol V6 model, four years old and has done 44,000 miles. Thus far, I've instructed the garage - a trusted indie, not a dealer! - to do the following:
  • oil and filter change​
  • air filter change​
  • pollen filter change​
  • brake fluid change​
  • air con service; and​
  • inspect and report on the condition of the discs and pads.​
Can anyone think of anything I should add to that list? I did ask if it was time to change the spark plugs but the garage thinks they are OK to 60,000 miles.

My SQ5 has gone but I think I had my gearbox service done around 38-40k....not sure if yours has been?

My SQ5 has gone but I think I had my gearbox service done around 38-40k....not sure if yours has been?
Did yours have an S-Tronic box? If so, then yes, 38,000 is the time to have the auto tranmission fluid changed; I remember tha from my B8 S4. My SQ5 has a ZF torque convertor box, so that's not needed.

Did yours have an S-Tronic box? If so, then yes, 38,000 is the time to have the auto tranmission fluid changed; I remember tha from my B8 S4. My SQ5 has a ZF torque convertor box, so that's not needed.
The main reason I allowed myself to come
Back to audi is that the SQ5 didn’t come with stronic

The main reason I allowed myself to come
Back to audi is that the SQ5 didn’t come with stronic
Of course, I remember now, you had all sorts of problems with the S-Tronic in your S4, didn’t you? I was luckier with mine, mainly I guess because it was a later model with the modified version.

I'd leave out the air con service (if it ain't broke...)

Plugs need changing at 6 years/60k. Download the myAudi app to your phone as it shows what work needs doing by time/mileage.

Of course, I remember now, you had all sorts of problems with the S-Tronic in your S4, didn’t you? I was luckier with mine, mainly I guess because it was a later model with the modified version.
Ah yes, thought I recognised the name :)
Yep, replaced the mech unit and the clutch packs, audi wanted to replace the whole gearbox at a cost of £12/13k…Tossers.

If you have the MyAudi App on your phone then under the service section you can see what needs doing and when.

Reactions: jdp1962