How-to: B8.5 A4 Window Regulator / Anti Pinch Reset using VCDS/OBDEleven

nedge2k

Reaction score
Couldn't find a working method for this so had a play and came up with this....

Firstly, confirm why anti-pinch is kicking in. In my case, the drivers door window module thought it was 6% open when it was fully closed. This was visible under drivers door > live data > window regulator (in OBDEleven, 003 in VCDS).

Secondly, attempt to close the window a few times until the anti-pinch stop working (usually third attempt). Then go into output tests and try closing the window again (raise window regulator in OBDEleven). You should see that the regulator percentage is now 0%.

Finally, learn the new values. Open the window all the way by holding button. Let go and then press and hold again for a second. You should see in the live data that fully open is now 100%. Try to one-touch close the window and it should now be working again.

Using the output tests to try and close an already closed window would appear to be the only way to reset the values once they've shifted.

Reactions: danyaero90 and Sandra
[mention]nedge2k [/mention]
Hi! I just came across your post and would like to ask you more as l encounter the same issue with my car!

I have done some live data and have realised that my passenger side window closes all the way up to 3% and when I try resetting the values by holding down the up/down buttons this doesn’t work. The comfort activity of the windows do work but the issue persists when closing the window all the way up.

I have tried the procedure you have described above, but have been unable to do get the windows all the way back to 0%.

You explain that you try to disable the anti-pinch by opening and closing the windows a few times. Could you please elaborate a bit more on this so that I could try it with my car. as when running live data the anti pinch system doesn’t seem to go off. Instead, what happens is that after doing this a few times my windows role all the way down and then I’m able to close them again as I imagine this is meant to protect the electrical motor inside the windows. Also you mentioned that you use the output tests using OBD 11, I have tried so too but I am unable to run them.

Looking forward to your response as I am really eager to get this fixed. Thank you beforehand

kindest regards.