Help regarding to DO list for my 2008 S line 2.0 Tfsi Manual FWD Cab

Johny Bee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Last month I picked a car up and been reading this forum extensively. But spending too much time here and plenty of other responsibilities are building friction in my relationship :sweatsmile: so I am here to ask for guidance. I do love tinkering with my car when it comes to little jobs, but I am not a mechanic so learning new things at my age proofed to be challenging.
I have my car booked at a garage for November 1st after they did a health check.
Work I am looking to do (possibly forgot something, if so will add later):
Suspension: coilovers, bushings, arms, mounts etc...
Clutch
Boot lid opening button (DIY job)
Internal circulation climate control motor (DIY job)
Carbon cleaning engine
Stage 1 remap
Rs4 brakes
rs4 front grille OR whole bumper with grille as set
Rear passenger side light fogging up will need to seal it or replace it (DIY job)

Currently only purchased a set of ST X Coilovers from Damian.
I reached out to breakers and sellers regarding parts and these are the prices I was given:
RS4 front bumper and grill set - £850
RS4 brakes with yellow calipers full set including pads and discs used - £750
Remap - £300
RS4 Rear bumper - £250
Questions I have:
Should I go with OEM suspension bushings and mounts or should I buy third party uprated parts? If yes then what brand/where?
(As example I fitted my other car with powerflex purple, but I am not sure with this car as it is lowered and ride is firm already)
Regarding clutch and flywheel. OEM or something else (performance,rs4 or else etc...)? I ma not a fan of dual mass flywheels...
And what prices I should expect to pay for used RS4 parts I mentioned to not get ripped off?
Does b7 RS4 bumpers are straight fit to S line or it won't even fit?
Same with RS4 brakes are they straight fit or not?

I am looking forward for your help and making this car a lovely example. Thanks

Rs4 bumpers won’t fit A4 variants , only the front grille will.

You only need brembo 18z callipers and 345/350 mm discs , easy at £500 - £600 the lot.

You only need brembo 18z callipers and 345/350 mm discs , easy at £500 - £600 the lot.
Thanks Rob, any particular retailers I should be checking out?
RS4 grilles breakers selling with bumpers ATM what I was able to find

Is there a guide somewhere about how to replace boot lid opening button?

Thanks Rob, any particular retailers I should be checking out?
RS4 grilles breakers selling with bumpers ATM what I was able to find
Not as such , used rs4 grilles tend to be in very short supply used , new ones are available from Audi at a premium price though.
If you want a good usec one then watch eBay and other sites such as fb market place as they occasionally come up for sale in varying conditions.
Breakers may have them but may want to sell you the bumper aswell so unless it’s s good deal you may pay way over the odds.

Not as such , used rs4 grilles tend to be in very short supply used , new ones are available from Audi at a premium price though.
If you want a good usec one then watch eBay and other sites such as fb market place as they occasionally come up for sale in varying conditions.
Breakers may have them but may want to sell you the bumper aswell so unless it’s s good deal you may pay way over the odds.
Sorry I meant when looking for brakes. I am looking all day but prices are much higher for used kits and in need of refurb. 18z only few in the market in various conditions, some came from Tuareg (there is full set in Swansea with discs for £600), some from Q7/rs4. If getting whole set, would rear brakes fit fine too? feels like my brain is melting rn :sweatsmile:
What disc brands I should be looking out for?

@norad97 Could you add pics of you motor with new front grille, fog light surrounds? Thanks
Hi, Sorry I haven't changed my grill yet, still waiting for my replacement bumper to be finished,
I see you have a Cabriolet, does it have the Sline bumper? as some have standard bumper even though its Sline.

It is the facelift version Richard so has the deeper s-line bumper that will accept the Rs4 grille.

Reactions: norad97 and Johny Bee
Sorry I meant when looking for brakes. I am looking all day but prices are much higher for used kits and in need of refurb. 18z only few in the market in various conditions, some came from Tuareg (there is full set in Swansea with discs for £600), some from Q7/rs4. If getting whole set, would rear brakes fit fine too? feels like my brain is melting rn :sweatsmile:
What disc brands I should be looking out for?
There are plenty out there to be honest ,i have found 10 set in just a quick search.
Most will need a refurb with new pistons an seals and repaint , if they dont they will be asking much more.
Never assume a repainted set have been refurbed properly, a lot of dodgy sellers out there doing quick sales with poorly serviced callipers.

Disc's , you need Audi B8 s4 discs as they are a bolt on units.
you will need new brake lines on the front and new bolts too with reducers.

There are plenty out there to be honest ,i have found 10 set in just a quick search.
Most will need a refurb with new pistons an seals and repaint , if they dont they will be asking much more.
Never assume a repainted set have been refurbed properly, a lot of dodgy sellers out there doing quick sales with poorly serviced callipers.

Disc's , you need Audi B8 s4 discs as they are a bolt on units.
you will need new brake lines on the front and new bolts too with reducers.
Any recommendations for braided brake lines?