Powerflex top mount opinions?

csrigo

Reaction score
Hi folks hoping for some feedback from anyone that's running these if possible? Ideally someone on coilovers tbh just keen to know if they introduce any significant harsh thuds etc or they fairly compliant? I've tried searching the forum but no really joy unless someone has a previous post link etc?

For background I've got new STXA (cheaper KWV2s) coilovers to go on and have new bilstein topmounts and bearings sitting but ideally dont want the strut top gap reappearing so considering these with the spacer from powerflex instead. I've just fitted new powerflex bushes in the front control arms with the camber adjust (front bush) and rear.

Cheers

Id like to know this. One of my top mounts have gone and theyve been on just over 12months. So been looking wether to ger the black ones or purple.

Also interested to hear about these as on list to do seeing as everything else worth doing is done.

I've got them with Bilstein B8s and H&R springs.

For me they did add some noticeable harshness. However they have lasted. Although the bearings may take more abuse??

I wasn't impressed with the Leon Cupra R top mounts as the be gap appeared after a relatively short time, but they were less harsh.

Reactions: csrigo
I ended up just using the oem style bilstein mounts. I'll need to go powerflex or get those inserts individually if thats possible as I have the strut gap now fitted. I'm running a 2.8 24v VR6 in the S3 (it will be boosted) but the engine weight is only approx 39kg over the 20vt but it does protrude. The ride is perfect just now on biltein bushes and coilovers so I'll see if I can get those spacers/inserts as the gap needs sorting.

Last edited:
I also fitted the black powerlex top mounts with B8 & H&R springs

They were removed within a week as far too harsh - would not recommend

I replaced with stock /standard mounts and 12 months on still very happy with the decision

I've got them with Bilstein B8s and H&R springs.

For me they did add some noticeable harshness. However they have lasted. Although the bearings may take more abuse??

I wasn't impressed with the Leon Cupra R top mounts as the be gap appeared after a relatively short time, but they were less harsh.
Mine are the purple powerflex version

I use h@r 25mm lowering springs and B8 shocks. Full car purple pollybushed including the top mounts. Is my daily driver and I find no problem with them.

Reactions: :: blade :: and mattyboy199