New to me B7 3.0tdi…

Yeh bought two new lenses.
Little tip for you. When you take apart the lights to swap the lens you have a few options . To get to the orange bulbs you may be lucky and manage to swap the orange section out. Most of them are a pig and you end up having to break it out. But then you can swap the bulb and happy days. You can also remove the grey plastic cowling that is under the chrome section and spray paint it. I did and it makes for a cleaner look. Also the chrome section that fits into the lens itself can be removed and spray painted. I did mine a satin black. Tip here. The screws that you remove for the chrome insert are ever so slightly too small for the replacement lens so I ended up finding some other ones. Or you can just carefully drill out the locating lugs ever so slightly with a metal drill bit. Be carefull they are tiny as hell. Then after that , a healthy dose of tiger seal or other butal sealant and a bit of heat and the clips and you are good to go.

Little tip for you. When you take apart the lights to swap the lens you have a few options . To get to the orange bulbs you may be lucky and manage to swap the orange section out. Most of them are a pig and you end up having to break it out. But then you can swap the bulb and happy days. You can also remove the grey plastic cowling that is under the chrome section and spray paint it. I did and it makes for a cleaner look. Also the chrome section that fits into the lens itself can be removed and spray painted. I did mine a satin black. Tip here. The screws that you remove for the chrome insert are ever so slightly too small for the replacement lens so I ended up finding some other ones. Or you can just carefully drill out the locating lugs ever so slightly with a metal drill bit. Be carefull they are tiny as hell. Then after that , a healthy dose of tiger seal or other butal sealant and a bit of heat and the clips and you are good to go.
I’ve done them already!!!:laughing: And i took the orange lenses off, fiddly but doable. Theres orange bulbs in there atm giving it the orange look still as the first chrome ones i got were terrible, almost lemon colour, so had to go with orange bulbs for the time being.

I’ve done them already!!!:laughing: And i took the orange lenses off, fiddly but doable. Theres orange bulbs in there atm giving it the orange look still as the first chrome ones i got were terrible, almost lemon colour, so had to go with orange bulbs for the time being.
My bad thought you said you had new lens ready
The Phillips osram silverec are the best I find

Reactions: Gmac
Got the honeycomb fog light surround’s delivered yesterday. Very impressed with them, great fit and finish. What more do you need! They look really good on. A bit like the red bit behind the main grill, i think I’ll paint the red area behind the fog grill, it’s usually hidden by the more solid design of the originals. Getting there.
IMG 3105
IMG 3106

Reactions: Stickystuff
Not been on for a week or two, been away with work and busy since been back with family life! Anyway… got on with the car the other day when it was nice and i managed to get a couple of hours to myself, a rear thing! Haha…

Bumper off, got the number plate moved up a bit higher, got the ‘chrome indicator bulbs fitted (much better), cleaned out the combined boost sensor/IAT sensor that sits underneath the nearside headlight, used some tiger seal to further secure the main honeycomb grill, and also cleaned up and fitted the seat leon splitter that i had sitting around, and last thing was i replaced the two bumper hangers that are used for adjustment of the height at the front. Both my old ones were almost completely cracked and were just about unusable. One thing i did forget to do was to re-attach the s-line badge before putting it all back together. All in all very pleased with how the front is looking now.

Oh and got the ur out of hibernation this month! Last pic is the current audi ‘fleet’ :rock: Not got a pic but the a4 is also now running the s4 alloys all round after a bit of a delay getting the summers on the two back wheels! Haha
IMG 3244
IMG 3249
IMG 3256

• Love
Reactions: Jamsmoo, Rob Avant and Charlie Farley
now thats an impressive home collection indeedy.
All really nice , but my fav would be the UR , but then I'm just an old man with old school favorites.

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Gmac
Not that i'm into personal plates but nice combo going on there. :thumbs up:

Thanks Rob, yeh its a tough call between the R8 and the ur, but the ur still just nudges it for me. G3 UYM is available too, but the wife said no! Haha

You won’t be disappoint man. Had my 3.0 manual for 10 years now. Puts a smile on my face daily. Even more now it’s been tinkered with