ECU finally unlocked….

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
So they say anyway

View: https://www.facebook.com/100063646386198/posts/858902989574573/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

IMG 4352
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mb127, DangerMouseUK, furious_iPod and 3 others
Ive already asked the question, and its same as other european tuners. They need the ecu.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, Daggerit and Basher (Peter)
Latest 2020 Yamaha R1 ecu (and also other japenese manufacturers using the same chip set) tuners have been struggling to gain access, some tuners now saying they can write/reprogramme the ecu but still cannot read it, whilst one USA tuner can read it.......................it's getting harder to interfere :)

There seems to be a possibility to buy a replacement ECU and clone it . Keep the original virgin ECU and unlock/map the cloned one . More detailed info on this is pending . I believe ECU registers car mileage and if you remount the original one you might notice difference between ecu km and dash km . I am waiting for clarification on this

There seems to be a possibility to buy a replacement ECU and clone it . Keep the original virgin ECU and unlock/map the cloned one . More detailed info on this is pending . I believe ECU registers car mileage and if you remount the original one you might notice difference between ecu km and dash km . I am waiting for clarification on this
Gearbox mileage will be different.

It isn’t a simple swap either, needs factory software to carry out, the change will also be picked up on / logged by Audi systems too.

No need to wait, there will be a milage discrepancy. Dash will show the vehicles milage, ECU will carry on counting from the milage of the donor car. myAudi app will flag the discrepancy also.

lol, wonder if there’s a blowing up option IMG 5293IMG 5294IMG 5295

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill and ipd56
Is all that being done as a piggy-back solution?! The timelines don't allow for sending the ECU to Europe.

Syvecs won't be cheap. But it will be good. Coming from GTR world.

Reactions: v.danimal
https://www.getunitronic.com/ecu-tuning/audi-rs3-8y

Description
Unitronic is pleased to announce its Performance Software and Hardware offering for the new 2.5TFSI EVO2 401HP engine found in the 8Y RS3 has entered into the development phase. Like all of Unitronic’s Performance Software and Hardware, rigorous testing is taken to ensure the final products exceed your expectations. Stay connected with Unitronic to ensure you’re up-to-date with the latest developments and official product launches for the newest platforms!

• Wow
Reactions: v.danimal
Syvecs won't be cheap. But it will be good. Coming from GTR world.
My lads RS3 engined Golf Mk2 runs Syvecs, as good as it is (I believe it is the best for knock sensing etc) it will never be as sophisticated and complex as the OEM ECU

If 8Y RS3's are indeed making better numbers than stock already then it's a lot of money to pay for a small increase and an invalidated warranty.

Reactions: Rs3Dude and Mr Freeze
https://www.getunitronic.com/ecu-tuning/audi-rs3-8y

Description
Unitronic is pleased to announce its Performance Software and Hardware offering for the new 2.5TFSI EVO2 401HP engine found in the 8Y RS3 has entered into the development phase. Like all of Unitronic’s Performance Software and Hardware, rigorous testing is taken to ensure the final products exceed your expectations. Stay connected with Unitronic to ensure you’re up-to-date with the latest developments and official product launches for the newest platforms!
Hi @mechanic69,

I apologize if this is not the right way of getting to you, but I couldn't find another one. I was dismantling my glovebox to diagnose a possible AC motor issue and ended up with an airbag LED on my dashboard. I’ve read that the solution is to reset the airbag ECU with VCDS, and I found your profile on the VCDS Map.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a hand with this, as I don’t have a VCDS tool or anyone nearby who does, since I am originally from Spain.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Reactions: Daggerit
200mph, with the door open, and a cold engine..... dude is brave.. or maybe the picture isn't in real motion...:blink:
I'd take a guess at that being a shot from when it was on the dyno. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY and v.danimal
Hi @mechanic69,

I apologize if this is not the right way of getting to you, but I couldn't find another one. I was dismantling my glovebox to diagnose a possible AC motor issue and ended up with an airbag LED on my dashboard. I’ve read that the solution is to reset the airbag ECU with VCDS, and I found your profile on the VCDS Map.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a hand with this, as I don’t have a VCDS tool or anyone nearby who does, since I am originally from Spain.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Apologies I don't use the VCDS anymore, forgot I was on the map