Q3 Wet belt ?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Does the Q3 ( or any other Audi )TDI have a wet belt or is that only in the petrol models?

Have never heard that VAG has wet belt system - only dry belt or chain (which I guess one could call wet chain if there's a car design with dry chain?).
I'm curious, in which VAG petrol models have You seen wet belt design?
Because I have only seen 1.8 TFSi with either dry belt or wet chain and in 2.0 TDi always dry belt and 3.0 TDi always wet chain - in my audi ownership over the years.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Have never heard that VAG has wet belt system - only dry belt or chain (which I guess one could call wet chain if there's a car design with dry chain?).
I'm curious, in which VAG petrol models have You seen wet belt design?
Because I have only seen 1.8 TFSi with either dry belt or wet chain and in 2.0 TDi always dry belt and 3.0 TDi always wet chain - in my audi ownership over the years.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
I was told they do have a wet belt , but the guy who told me wasn't too sure ,he said it drives the oil pump , I googled it and it comes up with -PSA , Volkswagen, ford that have the wet belt, I'm assuming they are same engines in the Audi now I'm not sure which engine it is.