Clutch & DMF advice

NyB8

Reaction score
I'm going to need to change my clutch and DMF soon as i'm getting horrible vibrations when stationary and also whilst driving at motorway speeds. Engine code is CAGA. I'm either going to go for a Sachs or maybe a Luk clutch kit (if available) I wanted to know is one manufacturer better than the other, or is there not much difference between the two. I also have a squeaking clutch peddle, I'm not sure if it's something to do with the master cylinder or if some grease needs to be applied to the assembly.

Many Thanks

Sachs clutch kit

Both decent brands. They aren't interchangeable so make sure your clutch and flywheel are the same make. When I changed them on my A4 CAGA I also had to replace the thrust bearing sleeve as the new bearing wouldn't slide over it.

actually clutch and pressure plate between the 2 brands are different DMF's are the exact same size and shape as that is OEM in most cases, unless you go for a single mass flywheel in that case the OEM thrust bearing on the CSC might be to short and you'll need an adapter to space the CSC out to fill out the gap created.

but a Sachs clutch kit or LUK clutch kit (or any other brand) for your car have the same splines, and dimensions otherwise it won't fit the OEM DMF or the gearbox shaft for that matter. Even aftermarket SMF's with dual clutchplate setups are usually made to not need an adapter to space out the CSC and if they do they'll be part of the complete kit.