Removal of High Level/Third Brake Light

Ertdes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an Audi A3 8PA and am trying to remove the third/high level brake light (been following this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlxFb4ez-Q). I have been able to get to the stage where I have removed the boot trim and have pressed in the plastic clips. However, after having released the clips, the light just does not want to budge. Any advice on how to remove it? Also, any tips on how to remove without damaging the paint (have heard this is an issue!)?

Thanks!

Hers a pic of the back of the light. There’s 4 clips you need to release. Take off the whole piece of trim breather than just pulling it down and you’ll the the others not shown in that video clip.

Attachments

• IMG_0415.jpeg
    IMG_0415.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hi Matt. Thanks for responding. I released all 4 clips but even then the light just wouldn't budge! Maybe I'm being too delicate in pulling the light out. Other than the 4 clips, is there anything else that needs to be released or is there a particular way to remove the light once releasing the clips?

Hi Matt. Thanks for responding. I released all 4 clips but even then the light just wouldn't budge! Maybe I'm being too delicate in pulling the light out. Other than the 4 clips, is there anything else that needs to be released or is there a particular way to remove the light once releasing the clips?
Sorry for late reply, No there’s no other clips or anything else that needs removing, I’m guessing it’s just stuck on the rubber gasket, try being quite firm with it.if it breaks you can have the one i took the pic of if needed, you pay shipping but the lights yours if needed.

Hi Matt, much appreciated! Will have a crack at it again next week and keep you updated.