Marking on fuel consumption meter

JSR913

Reaction score
What does this little upside triangle denote, it moves from the left hand side on start up and then hovers around the middle while travelling Anyone know ?

It points to where on the scale below the average journey consumption (the number above) is. In your picture 47.4 is higher than 40 so the marker is slightly tot he right of the 40. If the actual instantaneous consumption is to the left of the marker you are using more fuel than the current average, to the right you are using less fuel than the current average.

Reactions: NHN
when you brake your actually charging battery apparently!
That is the MHEV component of the car. Decelerating in gear causes one level of regeneration, breaking adds an additional level

It points to where on the scale below the average journey consumption (the number above) is. In your picture 47.4 is higher than 40 so the marker is slightly tot he right of the 40. If the actual instantaneous consumption is to the left of the marker you are using more fuel than the current average, to the right you are using less fuel than the current average.
Thank you, but im not convinced, given the scale of the instantaneous consumption, 47.4 would be much farther to the right, indeed last night at 55.9 mpg average the marker was in about the same place.

I have noticed too that during driving it does move up and down, though not much but discernible but have yet to associate that movement with a specific vehicle behaviour

The arrow definitely moves as the average consumption changes

IMG 3275
IMG 3276

Yes it does but I don’t see it move proportionally to the average consumption. I have seen averages of 55+ but the arrow only at a fraction to the right of the 40 mark

Yes it does but I don’t see it move proportionally to the average consumption. I have seen averages of 55+ but the arrow only at a fraction to the right of the 40 mark

The scale above 40 is not linear and changes to whatever it decides is appropriate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk