Missing trim panel under glovebox

marshalld

New S3 arrived!
Reaction score
Hey all.

Gave the car a good hoovering on the weekend. While having my head buried in the passenger footwell, I happened to glance up.
Noticed what I can only assume is a missing trim panel/cover under the glovebox.

I've had the car 6 months, so must have been missed at build etc.
It's not like I've been mucking about down there. Given the size you're not gonna miss it if you've taken it off!

Wondering what the best course of action is. My local dealer isn't the supplying one.
I will be near the supplying dealer in a few weeks, so wondering if I should drop in and get them to take one off a car in stock.
Though after 6 months, they might be reticent to help.

Any ideas on how I can get the part number to order one if I can't get the dealers to play ball and supply one to me.

Thanks.

Missing trim panel

Hey all.

Gave the car a good hoovering on the weekend. While having my head buried in the passenger footwell, I happened to glance up.
Noticed what I can only assume is a missing trim panel/cover under the glovebox.

I've had the car 6 months, so must have been missed at build etc.
It's not like I've been mucking about down there. Given the size you're not gonna miss it if you've taken it off!

Wondering what the best course of action is. My local dealer isn't the supplying one.
I will be near the supplying dealer in a few weeks, so wondering if I should drop in and get them to take one off a car in stock.
Though after 6 months, they might be reticent to help.

Any ideas on how I can get the part number to order one if I can't get the dealers to play ball and supply one to me.

Thanks.

View attachment 275951
Part number is 8Y2857557 4PK, Reclamet have one on Ebay going for £30 or nearest offer.

Charles Trent Breakers on Ebay, have the whole glovebox with the trim bit you need for £27.60, looks in good nick too. Seen quite a few gloveboxes for sale on Ebay and a lot of them have your bit missing, so I assume on some cars they were not fitted at the factory.

Reactions: marshalld
That piece of trim is clipped in and will have been purposely removed as it would be impossible for it to drop down by itself.

The only time the trim would need to be removed is for access to the body control module connectors.

All 8Y's we have worked on have had this trim piece fitted.

They are about £12 from Audi, simply ring the parts department, give them the part number and pick it up a few days later.

Reactions: marshalld
That piece of trim is clipped in and will have been purposely removed as it would be impossible for it to drop down by itself.

The only time the trim would need to be removed is for access to the body control module connectors.

All 8Y's we have worked on have had this trim piece fitted.

They are about £12 from Audi, simply ring the parts department, give them the part number and pick it up a few days later.
Agreed re it falling out itself. I am aware of the recall (97HO) that meant that panel would be removed.
But that recall was for 2022 year cars built up to May 2023 and mine's a September 2023 build - so shouldn't have needed checking for that.

Audi parts cheaper than eBay - who'd have thought!

Just checked my September 2023 build S3 and the panel is missing. Not sure I can be bothered to buy one as it's not noticeable. Irritating though!

Just checked my September 2023 build S3 and the panel is missing. Not sure I can be bothered to buy one as it's not noticeable. Irritating though!
I guess it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Bit more ammo to use against the dealer.
Yes it's not noticable. But definitely irritating as it should be there and it's not through no fault of our own.

Damn I need to check mine, but at least you have footwell lights? My 'Sport' trim doesn't have these.