interior light pack?

It's a nice option but I'm not sure if it's worth it!

You get rear map reading lights, lights in the footwells, small red lights which light up the door handles, red ambient lighting which shines down and lights up the area around the gearstick, red lights on the doors when open, white down lights in the doors which light up the road when you open them..

Also ashtray light and glove box light but not sure if these are standard.

I think it makes the interior look cool at night and the car feels a bit more 'special'.

I think it was something like £140, not much on the cost of the car but then options can quickly add up!

mmmm sounds nice. I do like the idea of the ambient lighting in the cabin and on the door handles

s3mike said:
Also ashtray light and glove box light but not sure if these are standard.

Yeah they are standard, i bought the ambient light for my sport which has the red LED's - pretty cool at night when driving and the cab is red in colour :icon_thumright:

but wouldnt mind getting hold of the whole package - is it hard to retrofit? can you buy it online from the likes of vagparts at all??

i think its a nice option to have, they look good and the footwell ones come in handy to check that you aint stepped in any dog crap getting into the car.............

I don't know how much it cost for you now, but just to give you some prespective ... when I bought mine in Norway, there was this "technical pack", cost 6500 NOK, around £580, it includes:

- xenon plus
- light pack (as mentioned in this thread)
- front armrest
- rear parking sensors

This "technical pack" was just exactly what I needed! I really like the more luxury touch.

I have it on my A4 and I believe it also includes the lights for the vanity mirrors.

If you have a sunroof you get the visor lights included.

prt

I had the standard lighting pack on my A4, and when I moved to the A3 (without lighting pack) I was disapointed by the poor interior lighting - no map reading light for example. I'd go for it next time around.

I didn't spec the full kit but wish I had. But I did fit the overhead bits after, which I rather like.

mcmasman said:
I don't know how much it cost for you now, but just to give you some prespective ... when I bought mine in Norway, there was this "technical pack", cost 6500 NOK, around £580, it includes:

- xenon plus
- light pack (as mentioned in this thread)
- front armrest
- rear parking sensors

This "technical pack" was just exactly what I needed! I really like the more luxury touch.
This is rip-off Britain remember, the xenons alone cost more than that here :(

Boydie said:
but wouldnt mind getting hold of the whole package - is it hard to retrofit? can you buy it online from the likes of vagparts at all??

Currently in the process of retro fitting myself!

Looks an easy job but my planned door lighting has come to a dead end as it's not just a matter of adding the lighting units and splicing into the loom. I've just found out that the my door control unit does not have any output put pins to connect to. Obviously different control units for vehicles with this feature. Must be a way around it! any ideas?

Haven't tackled the footwell lights as yet as waiting for the correct pins to arrive to connect into wiring loom but again looks pretty easy enough. Think the hard part for me is working out the VAG.com as havem't used it yet

I must admit I miss the puddle lights - my 99 Mark IV Golf GTi had them.

Bit cheap of Audi in my opinion. Doesn't look like a quick and cheap upgrade either.

I had a quick look when I had the door cards off and was hoping that the loom was in the door but it isn't and now it even looks like you need new door module which will be a PITA inless you can find a wrecked A3 at a scrappies with the option installed.

Paul

I think Audi do take the p**s a bit over here.

I mean A3's are already at a price premium compared to other hatchbacks and yet they still charge extra for all this stuff.

My Leon had rear map reading lights / door lights, storage in the front seat backs, power socket in the boot, 6 disc CD..

Pay 8k extra for an S3 and you don't get any of it!

I guess as long as us brits pay for it they'll charge for it!

When looking at the 1 series BMW there seemed to be loads of option 'packs' which were much better value than Audi options.

It also annoyed me that DVD Sat-nav was on offer at £500 on the A4 but not the A3 !!

Grrr..

s3mike said:
I think Audi do take the p**s a bit over here.

I mean A3's are already at a price premium compared to other hatchbacks and yet they still charge extra for all this stuff.

My Leon had rear map reading lights / door lights, storage in the front seat backs, power socket in the boot, 6 disc CD..

Pay 8k extra for an S3 and you don't get any of it!

I guess as long as us brits pay for it they'll charge for it!

When looking at the 1 series BMW there seemed to be loads of option 'packs' which were much better value than Audi options.

It also annoyed me that DVD Sat-nav was on offer at £500 on the A4 but not the A3 !!

Grrr..

I suppose the problem is that people still buy them so why should Audi et al try. I have noticed that they started introducing packs of options on the A4 but I guess that's to try to shift them before the new model comes out.

s3mike said:
My Leon had rear map reading lights / door lights, storage in the front seat backs, power socket in the boot, 6 disc CD...

Ditto my Octavia RS nearly 5 years ago.

Got it on mine, not sure what it costs but I like the extra lighting and LED's. Althought I don't think any of the items are essential except the rear cabin lights.

Does anyone know cat No/where/how much to get the overhead bit of the Int Pack. You know the maps lights/ambient red lights unit.

I'm missing the interior light pack from my old car and not fitted to my S3 which i bought from garage stock.

Not bothered about the other lights just the snazzy overhead bit.

Is it straight fit like for like over standard overhead lighting. Will maps /red ambients work if i can replace?

Jas

I fitted the ambient lighting in my front interior light console, cost #7.95 from ebay and looks fantastic at night.

absolute bargain!,

I'm not a diy type and know nothing about cars but this was an easy mod and TBH, if I change my Audi I'll be buying another ebay pack to upgrade again.
S1030489.jpg

You have an 8P A3 and the climate control unit from an 8L don't you?

Hi

I think the light pack is well worth it, very handly little extra to have.

Quick Question for andy, i seen a pic above of our interior at night, have u brghting the interior ambient lights (red LED's) how did you do that, have you added more??? or isit just because your gear stick surround is silver, Hench is reflects more

SE has the pack as standard. Puddle lights, sun visor. footwell and rear map lights. More use to me than DIS!

staz1000 said:
You have an 8P A3 and the climate control unit from an 8L don't you?

This is a bit embarrasing, I am still getting to grips with Audi models and specs.

All I know is it is a A4 130TDI sport, I'm not sure whether it is a climate control unit from a 8L.

Can you let me know which model mine is 8P/8L and what this means?

Does the different climate control unti mean I have had an upgraded unit or someone has taken out a better model and replaced it?

Cheers.

fesss_84 said:
Hi

I think the light pack is well worth it, very handly little extra to have.

Quick Question for andy, i seen a pic above of our interior at night, have u brghting the interior ambient lights (red LED's) how did you do that, have you added more??? or isit just because your gear stick surround is silver, Hench is reflects more

It may be because I have the aluminium gearstich surround, I've not seen a audi with the manufacturers kit in yet to compare.

The Leds are very bright though, these do dim with the dashboard dimmer switch if required though.