Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I put it on last nite

DSC01853.jpg

Can't wait until its on the car now! :jump:

That looks smart mate, thinking of doing the same with my A3 TDI. What colours your A3? Where from and how much was the grill? If you don't mind me asking.

J

Hi J,

I got the grille from a guy from here, really really cheap. Ive seen loads on flebay for £99 though. Bumper is £240, the fog light grilles, towing eye cover, and headlight washers come to £95.88 + spraying! So a £500 job roughly. Mine is Akoya Silver and should arrive Dec/Jan! Can't wait. My S-Line bumper will be straight on flebay.

Same colour as my own then should look really smart. I just called Audi on the off chance they would surprise me with a good price, £180 alone for the grill and £80p/h labour - I think not. Also while i was at it priced a S3 Gear Knob £109 part, fit £80. No chance!!

J

I need a facelift bonnet as well to make the facelift bumper fit :(

Nice one! I've fitted an S-Line badge to my normal SFG, but I'm willing to bet that it was much easier to fit yours with the grill out of the car, rather than me scraping my fingers to do the same...

benw123 said:
Nice one! I've fitted an S-Line badge to my normal SFG, but I'm willing to bet that it was much easier to fit yours with the grill out of the car, rather than me scraping my fingers to do the same...

Indeed!!

hang on, I thought the S3 grille didn't fit the S-Line bumper???

A3 looks nice but not really liking the eyebrows but still looks good

Yes it's an S3 grille
S-line was not available in Australia when I bought my A3 couple of months ago. So my car is a stock 2.0T Sportback.
The grille needed work to fit and there is a 10mm gap between grille and bumper at the bottom but it looks good and isn't noticable unless you're about to be run over

N8KOW said:
Hi J,

I got the grille from a guy from here, really really cheap. Ive seen loads on flebay for £99 though. Bumper is £240, the fog light grilles, towing eye cover, and headlight washers come to £95.88 + spraying! So a £500 job roughly. Mine is Akoya Silver and should arrive Dec/Jan! Can't wait. My S-Line bumper will be straight on flebay.

Do you know how much the foglight grills cost on their own?

Angry Beaver said:
Yes it's an S3 grille
S-line was not available in Australia when I bought my A3 couple of months ago. So my car is a stock 2.0T Sportback.
The grille needed work to fit and there is a 10mm gap between grille and bumper at the bottom but it looks good and isn't noticable unless you're about to be run over

Interesting! How much/what type of work was involved modding the S3 grille to fit?

maars said:
Interesting! How much/what type of work was involved modding the S3 grille to fit?
Top is OK but the clips don't line up down the sides and bottom. Found a couple of existing screws that hold the lower section
Was going to use long numberplate screws to help hold it but doesn't seem necessary.
Was easy on the Aussie model