10 days ownership before its damaged. Joy.

Delinquent

Reaction score
The previous owner of my SE had it for nearly 10 years. In that time he managed to keep the paintwork shiny, the leather fed and clean, and the maintenance really up to scratch.

Which is why even with 177000 on the clock I was more than happy to part with the £200 he wanted for it. 5 days later a fresh new MOT was had with only a couple of advisories :)

I've had it 10 days now. 2 days ago I parked in the multistory, came back to the car to find the front bumper hanging off, and a nice gouge where the w####r had hit it. I roughly refitted it with the intention of repairing in the next week or so.

Today while in the same carpark, the rear bumper has been hit. :motz:

I guess some would call this Karma for getting a bargain. I call it a something else that I probably best not put in type...

Oh well, decided when I repair the front bumper fixings it'll be an ideal opportunity to replace the cam belt - providing it hasn't been destroyed by another numpty in the carpark!

Are you sure it was a car park?
If it was where is it and we'll steer clear, that's really bad luck.
Was going to post something about women in SUV's but think I'll leave it......

Yeah not the best start to Audi ownership! Was in an NCP car park in Southampton, which both myself and colleague have parked in for the last few years - in all that time we've only had one bit of damage each occur, prior to these two :(

LOL - there are plenty of women in SUV's parking in there, but I would never dream of suggesting it was one of them ;)

Too right. I cleaned it earlier, the rear bumper has paint flaking off in a line about 8 inches long where it obviously got a bit stressed - nothing serious I know but it's just SO annoying to see! I'll have to get a pot of touch up and spend a bit of time on it I think.

thats unlucky that is! some sad people about, look at us, we got a bargain with our a3 quattro, £5500 then it gets keyed 1 months after buying it both sides and then pinched on new years eve, luckily tho we got the car back, what id do is park up and wait on the carpark somewhere near in a big dirty v8 landrover! say no more..... ;-)