3.2 V6 Engine

Relaxitscool

Reaction score
Evening all. I've been doing some searching for the specs for this engine but have had no luck. Is anybody able to tell me little about this engine?

Mine is a 2004 model, I was wondering, is it an FSI engine, amount of valves, varible valve timing, timing belt / chain / replacement, that sort of thing. Should I run on 95 or Super, what are the benefits...chipping, worth it etc etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

- 3189cc
- 247 bhp
- 236 lb/ft of torques
- Non FSI
- 4 valves per cylinder - 24v in total
- As for chipping you will gain about 5-10% increase of power as it is a NA engine not turbo/super charged.
- The engine will be fine on 95 ron with a small decrease in power. Best using 97-99 ron.

Thanks for that, if its not FSI whats the reference to direct injection in the manual? I've had the car for about 2 weeks I have to say I'm impressed. Having come from a Alfa GT I'm amazed I am that I can potter about between 1 and 2k rpm with no problems and still pull cleanly.

Sad as it sounds its even averaging 30mpg on my route to work which doesn't take in Mways.

Regards

Rob

It's the same engine as in the Golf R32 right...

Relaxitscool

I have had my 2004 model for 2 weeks now and enjoy the same points as you do. Also getting 30mpg out of it on combined town/Mway. My standard gearshifts are 1, 3, 6 unless I want to move off like a hotrod. Very impressed with the smooth tq of the engine and the general eagerness of the car to advance in the high gears.

I was also wondering about any "must have" items for 3.2 cars, any experienced owners care to comment?

Cheers

Sand

Its an Audi approved car so let's hope not!!!

S

Must have...

The ability to accept unfounded criticism from S3 drivers who don't understand that neither car is 'better'; they're just 'different' :) Oops. Please don't start again - sigh.

...and deep pockets. Just renewed my Tax Disc: £400. Yikes!

Mine is due end of month but not sure what they charge for group G cars registered before 23/03/06 any ideas?

G
Over 225 – for cars registered on or after 23/03/06
£400.00
£220.00

I have to say I'm very pleased with the car. You can either drive it like Miss Daisy or loon about in it. I've always been an Alfa fan and seen German cars as a little boring. Not any more, this car is fab!

And hats off to Audi, the build quality is superb. The only things on my to do list would be an iPod connection and a center arm rest. However, I', saying that now, ask me in 12 months what I've done...

Regards

Rob