Arrived on Thursday...

dsl55

exploring other avenues
Reaction score
After 11 weeks and some doubt over wether it would or wouldn't be facelift my car turned up on Thursday, obviously non facelift which I am chuffed about. Am so happy with the way it's turned out, mostly because (once I get the leaseplan number plates off) it doesn't look like a company car!!

Nothing too exciting, 2L tdi Sline, phone prep armrest, sunroof, black styling pack blah etc
FirstDays008.jpg

FirstDays006.jpg

FirstDays001.jpg

Remap in a few months, lower it a touch, some nice plain number plates and that's about it for now

edit - black mirrors might look cool? am very pleased with the headlights which have black inserts like the VW Golf anniversary ones

you remapping and lowering a leaseplan car???

Oh... look nice BTW!

Bwahahahah, good lad. I did the same to my last leaseplan car, as well as tints. DIdnt remove the tint or the zorst mod when it went back and figured they would charge me summat... but I guess it just sent to auction. Bonus!

anyway, enjoy... welcome to the Ibis crowd!

cheers, i got the dealer to do the tints before it was delivered as i forgot to spec privacy when i ordered.

Looks sweeeeet!!!

Make sure you wax her to protect that beautiful white paint ;)

Collinite 426 or summat is double coat and lasts up to 12 months.

BTW, i love those wheels, RS6 style? Ive considered a set of 19's for my S3 a few times...

Enjoy ;)

nice motor mate, shame it was raining when you collected it tho.

the wheels are a kind of grey colour, standard 18" S Line which i believe to RS6 style, defo not 'silver' - so tempted bu some matt black ones and pin stripe white round the edge!

Will look out for the wax, have given it a quick clean today, bought a decent wash mitt but so nervous i'll ruin the paint - it's so bright! :cool: Getting a lot of looks from people, granted some will be thinking '****' but i don't care!

Loving the white. Looks great with the optics grille.

Is the black headlight insert a new thing? Not seen those before, looks cool.

I wasn't aware Audi sold them wheels in different shades either. Mine are bright silver which l like against the black. Ties in nicely with the calipers too.

Is the black headlight insert a new thing? Not seen those before, looks cool.

I wasn't aware Audi sold them wheels in different shades either. Mine are bright silver which l like against the black. Ties in nicely with the calipers too.

I wondered if the lights were part of the black styling pack or are they all like that?

The wheels may just seem off silver but they are defo not bright silver, who knows!

the wheels are a kind of grey colour, standard 18" S Line which i believe to RS6 style, defo not 'silver' - so tempted bu some matt black ones and pin stripe white round the edge!

Will look out for the wax, have given it a quick clean today, bought a decent wash mitt but so nervous i'll ruin the paint - it's so bright! :cool: Getting a lot of looks from people, granted some will be thinking '****' but i don't care!

The wax will make it easier to clean, also 90% of the ***** will run off in the rain rather than stick and bed into the paint.

I wouldnt worry about damaging the paint by how you wash it, its hard as nails and very difficult to scratch, and even if you did scratch it slightly whilst washing it would be very hard to tell ;)

Took these pics of the car from the bedroom winda as its peeing it down. Im not sure the dark bits are anything new, theyre just a bit more pronounced on white:

be interesting to get same shot of a diffenrent coulour car to see if same, think you're right though, white just makes it more prominent

my 2004 8P has very dark grey headlight inserts (might have been black when new). But then it's a yellow car, so it might be a light/bright colour thing.

oops, forgot to say, looks stunning in white - I wonder what the rear bumper will look like after a few days driving ;-)

Nice looking motor.
My car was scheduled for week 22, and Audi confirmed it was built this week and shipped so shouldnt be long now.

How much did the dealers charge for the additional tinting?

not 100% sure as it all got done through lease company, think it was between £250 - £300

My headlight inserts are the same grey as the grille which ties in nicely.

So now I'm thinking it is part of the optics pack as if you didn't have said optics pack grille and inserts wouldn't match.

I've always been unsure if the S-Line is quite sporty enough to pull off Ibis but it is... Looks great mate. As it is an S-Line i wouldn't go too OTT with the mods or you can end up ruining it. To be fair, other than lowering it and throwing on 10mm spacers all round there's not a lot else i'd do.
Don't go for the black wheel idea. It would work on an S3 but probably not an S-Line.

Glad you like the car anyway...Nice choice!

I've always been unsure if the S-Line is quite sporty enough to pull off Ibis but it is... Looks great mate. As it is an S-Line i wouldn't go too OTT with the mods or you can end up ruining it. To be fair, other than lowering it and throwing on 10mm spacers all round there's not a lot else i'd do.
Don't go for the black wheel idea. It would work on an S3 but probably not an S-Line.

Glad you like the car anyway...Nice choice!

cheers, am inclined to agree with you re the mods, I just have this unnatural urge to do it! small drop and spacers would just give it that extra stance

cheers, am inclined to agree with you re the mods, I just have this unnatural urge to do it! small drop and spacers would just give it that extra stance

I think it's a well balanced car from the start. A few tasteful sporting mods here and there can work a treat though. My only complaint about the A3 in general is the position of the rear wheels inside the arches....way too far inside. Spacers are a must. I'll get around to fitting mine one day when i'm not too busy or hung over...

My only complaint about the A3 in general is the position of the rear wheels inside the arches....way too far inside. Spacers are a must.quote]

:iagree:

I just noticed your car has the shark fin type antenna.
Is there a reason for this? The reason I ask is that my previous 06 A3 SLine antenna was integrated into the rear screen, so will my new one be like this or have the shark fin?

Thanks in advance.

I've got a shark fin on mine also. The tight b***ards don't even colour code them either....

My car is going to be Brilliant Black again (same as last time - boring I know), so shouldnt stand out to much, however just trying to understand why it would be on the new car, but wasnt on my old one?

Im told its down to having the GSM phone prep. Also a feature in the Sat nav.

So if I dont have the GSM Prep or SatNav I shouldnt have it then. Hoorah.

i didn't know it was going to come with the shark fin thing to be honest, i quite like it as it ties up the whole black and white thing, goes with the sunroof!!

Have Audi changed the spec now then? I understood you couldn't even have bluetooth without having the GSM prep previously. Basically because Audi like interlinking options to squeeze every penny out of us...

dsl55 what was the timescale between your build week and actual delivery.....
Just wondering as mine was built last week and I want it NOW!!! :motz:

My car was built in week 22, it arrived at the dealers on Tuesday 3rd June and gets delivered tomorrow.