Some quick snaps of my new cabrio

A3NDY L

On the Drive or On The Redline
Reaction score
Sorry about the deleted thread, had problems with uploading the photos.

First of all, thank-you to everyone who replied to my threads when I was looking for help before I bought my Cabrio, every piece of advice helped.
It took me nearly 2 months of looking, but I found the best one I could:

2.5tdi '54' plate in Mauritius blue, front and rear parking sensors, bose system, sat nav, 6cd changer, front heated - full electric seats, auto xenon headlights, interior light pack, auto dimming rear view mirror, auto dimming - folding wing mirrors, grey leather/alcantara, cruise control, 6 speed, and I got a wind deflector aswell.

It had only done 23,500miles when I got it, full audi service history aswell and four brand new tyres. Needs to go in for a service soon though, its on 25,700miles.

I love it! although I was hoping for a little more sun this summer. Hoping to take my girlfriend on holiday to the french alpes soon, should be a nice trip with the roof down.

IMAGE_017.jpg

IMAGE_021.jpg

IMAGE_023.jpg

IMAGE_024.jpg

Love the colour!
Rs6 Wheels always suit the Cab best IMO.
Get them and your sorted!!

They're relisted on Ebay Scots, sold last week but as Ebay always goes, the Guy was a Fooking Messer!!!

nice one, fully loaded and looking great. you are lucky to find one in 2 months. it took me 8 to find one in the right spec. (and i ended up getting one with 90% of what i wanted, but dont regret it one bit)

the wind deflector makes all the difference. had my car for nearly 2 months, and got a wind deflector last week. i really cannot believe how much wind that thing stops.

oddly, driving at night with the deflector on (roof down) is a really relaxing experience.

The tyre pressure is correct, I always think some of the tyres look low, but when I check them, they're not.
In terms of plans, I need some money first, was thinking alloys, and maybe the hofele front? but not too sure on that one yet. Will also have to see what the insurance says. Not too keen on any of the kits out there, so I'm staying clear of anything like that.
I agree with 'dansansome' I've had some greef of my mates who think it's posing to put the roof down at night, but I love it. I have it down as much as possible.

It looks very nice! I dont see how having the roof down at night is seen as posing! If anything its posing less than having it down in the day as less people can see!!

The tyre pressure is correct, I always think some of the tyres look low, but when I check them, they're not.
In terms of plans, I need some money first, was thinking alloys, and maybe the hofele front? but not too sure on that one yet. Will also have to see what the insurance says. Not too keen on any of the kits out there, so I'm staying clear of anything like that.
I agree with 'dansansome' I've had some greef of my mates who think it's posing to put the roof down at night, but I love it. I have it down as much as possible.

Yeah go for the hoffellhoffeffffel kit, suits the cab to a treat. Nice 40mm drop and some nice tips sticking out its ***!
As for the roof down at Night, thats what a Cab is for, if its Dry and feels warm, get it down, Id be the same, whats the point otherwise. Your mates are just jealous!!!:yes:

Yeah go for the hoffellhoffeffffel kit, suits the cab to a treat. Nice 40mm drop and some nice tips sticking out its ***!
As for the roof down at Night, thats what a Cab is for, if its Dry and feels warm, get it down, Id be the same, whats the point otherwise. Your mates are just jealous!!!:yes:

I agree, they are just jealous! As I'm only 20 I think they might have the right to be, but I've earned it, so I will continue to put the roof down at night, as i have done tonight.

Its a diesel, so can i have tips sticking out? don't they have to be down pipes? I love the hoffel kit, but money is the issue. Ploughed everything spare penny I had into the car and taxing it, and I've just enough left for a service. So everything may have to wait a while. Might do it over winter to keep my mind of the fact that I can rarely use it with the roof down!

just a bit of advice, if you haent already got one, get a Smarttop roof control module. LINK

you can get them in the uk from Higher Octane or Design 911

at around £240 its not a cheap mod, but i fitted one to my cab after 3 days of ownership, and i honestly couldnt do without it.

remote control of the roof and windows, and converts the roof swtich to a one shot operation rather than having to hold the button down.

I love the idea of the one touch switch, and I can lock the car and it will still go up, but I don't think I would want it on a remote, I'd end up pressin the button in my pocket or somethin as I walk away. do they do a cheper version with just the one-touch option?

you wont do it by accident. it uses the existing remote fob, and you have to press the unlock button 3 times for the roof to work. if you havent accidentally unlocked your car with the remote, then you wont open the roof up by accident.

smarttop dont do a cheaper option, but reinhold engineering do a one-touch button. LINK and he sells them regularly on ebayebay link

the reinhold unit is purely a one-touch, and they also make a unit that does remote roof control.

i looked at both solutions and decided that the smarttop is the better option imo. it can be disabled (becomes invisible to diagnostic equipment) customised to make horn/indicators activate during operation and a few other bits and bobs.

the reinhold one shot installs just under the roof switch and i believe andyccr on here has one. but the convenience of the remote roof and windows has been really useful. i can just get out (roof and windows down), press lock three times and walk away.

god this really sounds like a sales pitch, sorry, but i cant get over how much better the car is with this gadget fitted!!!

Looks good mate :)

Looks a lot like mine - inside and out :)
(but with a few more toys!)

Not seen a cab with literally ALL the toys - well done.

oh no scots - You dont know what you've started!!!:blink: