New Discs needed!!!! Ideas

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
Right everyone im looking at getting some new discs for my S3 but i havent got a clue which ones to get.

Any info, places to get them and prices would be great.

Cheers

sorry for the thread hijack but what do people thing of solid or grooved brembo discs?

I have the Black diamond grooved disc and Ferodo DS2500 pad (www.motosportworld.co.uk) combo which works v-well as a low cost upgrade which is noticably better than the standard set-up. Expect to pay £300 all in or there abouts maybe cheaper I dont have my receipt to hand...

my ebay mintex ones werent so good, they dont seem as good as the standard ones (i know people think they are appalling anyway but this is in relative terms)
they just dont seem to be so keen to stop, i dont know what they are like fade wise as i dont drive it that hard.
They now seem to judder which isnt so good either!

I got the Brembo MAX discs from GSF and they are pretty decent, grooved, they look fantastic and I havent noticed any problems. Get a decent set of pads though.

yea im thinking to get the ferodo ds2500 pads to go along with. what have you got on the rears and how much did they cost if you dont mind me asking

Ive found Tarox discs to be of a very high quality. G88's are the popular choice.

Rav, got OEM on the rear. The discs are about £35 I believe per disc for the Brembo MAX, not too shabby! Thats all folks I'm off on my hols! See you in 2 weeks :D

zimmermann discs and mintex extreme pad for about 160 quid from gsf got them on mine and aint let me down yet....

Are you wanting cheap or good quality?

I have had 2 sets of brembo`s standard ones fitted to my little Fabia and warped both of them :(

So believe me , I was not impressed with them

Managed to get another cheaper one that has not warped , but something better next time

Sarah

I dont know if it was poor quality or just a bad couple?
Brembo`s are fitted to the LCR as standard and they are great

But , just was concerned about the ones I had on my car
I mean they was the standard solid one , but still....... and also it was only a little Fabia

I dont use the brakes heavy , done 80k in 2 years and only had them replaced approx 50k ago...
But you know , its just that they warped :(

Sarah

Right everyone i have got a few prices:

Black diamond grooved discs = £180
Unipart discs = £83
Zimmerman = £92
OEM = £106

What do reckon?
I dont really use my car alot so is it worth me spending alot of discs or not?

My car is remapped.

Cheers

money part is up to you i suppose mate. im in the same boat as you but my rears need doing first which i think im going to go OEM, does anyone know the best place for these. upfront if your going to spend moeny theres tarox aswell.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/zerosixty/zs_audi.html
What about these ones?
I may be doing these ones next
ZeroSixty
Dimples (apposed to drilled) and grooved
We have sold a few of these

I like the looks of these and also with them being dimpled and grooved then will keep it cooler as it can disperse the gassed

Just picked up a set for my son`s MK4 GTi too
So may let him see how they are like , got the Tarox Strada pads too

Sarah

Right everyone im gonna go for the zimmerman discs.

Would anyone say not to bother or has anyone had any problems with them?

Why cant i find the brembo max discs? will they fit on an S3?

sarah im after some front discs for my 2001 s3 those grooved and dimple discs look good,how much would it be in total for the fronts inc v.a.t and delivery,oh and for some ferodo ds2500 pads if you sell them.:thumbsup:

What are the best ones can we have a list with links and prices ?

sarah im after some front discs for my 2001 s3 those grooved and dimple discs look good,how much would it be in total for the fronts inc v.a.t and delivery,oh and for some ferodo ds2500 pads if you sell them.:thumbsup:

yeah sounds like a plan, and maybe if a few of us order off ya,discount woo hoo,lol

I like the look of those dimpled /grooved discs though.

Well we dont do the Ds pads , but we do arox ones
Strada are the fast road pads £65 + VAT £76.38 all in
The ZeroSixty discs are £140.81 + VAT £165.45 all in
The Tarox G88`s and Sport Japan`s are £189 + VAT £222.08 all in

The Tarox discs are all heat treated and also hand finnished too
They do G88`s Sport Japan too
The G88`s are grooved and the Sport Japan`s are drilled and grooved

If you do ALOT of track days , maybe the Tarox ones would be the better ones , as these are heat treated to start with , then less likely to warp

Me with my little car have never seen a track , so we dont have them , but bless as she is good , I am going to treat her to ZeroSixty`s and Tarox strada pads

brakediscz60.jpg

Zero Sixty

taroxsjdiscsj.jpg

Sport Japan

taroxg88discs.jpg

G88`s

Hope that helps a bit....or not
Sorry
Sarah

I have Leon Curpa R size EBC ultramax on mine, and they are cheap. I thought they may be a bit pants, but was surpsied to find they are truly excellent and a lot chaper than stock ones. No warpage yet either, touch wood!

Not sure if they are available in stock sizes, but try your local auto factors for them (CR Marks do them).

just changed my discs front and back recently, went with the zimmerman drilled fronts and solid rears (dont make drilled rears), combined with mintex extreme pads all round. I have also done a porsche caliper conversion to the front but, i can still use the 312mm discs. I have found the zimmerman discs and mintex extreme to be a great combo at a great price, bought them all from gsf. highly recommended :icon_thumright:

G88's all the way lol

Only discs I didnt warp on my old polo. I had Tarox Corsa pads on it too.

Mmm
I must admit , I like the look of the G88`s
I dont do many track days , so I am not sure about if it is OTT or not
But I have heard so many good reports of these

We had a guy with a MK2 vRS Octavia , he had the G88`s on his car with the Strada pads
The brake fluid boiled , but never once had a problem with the discs or pads
He swears by them
Mmmm decision , decisions
Sarah

sarah do you sell OEM products? audi s3 rear discs and pads?

Hi
Yes we can get them
But when it comes to posting out , it does make ours dearer than dealers
This is because dealers offer next to no discount , so we buy and have to sell them at retail you see :(
Sorry
Sarah