HELP Which Bulbs

paul_a3_tdi130

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the A4 and just noticed i've got a headlamp bulb and a rear tailgate bulb out anybody know what bulbs ill need?

Was thinking about getting some of the extra bright bulbs for the fronts anybody recommend some?

I did go to halfrods last night but the 17year old told me they don't do any bulbs for an A4 2003 (53)

The dipped fronts are just standard H7, here's a bunch of upgrades:
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-bulbs-c-256.html
Believe it or not the easiest way to change the fronts is by removing the headlight unit, just 3 screws and it's out.
The tail/brake lights are standard P21 type bulbs but buy a couple of extra's as they tend to blow regularly. The tail light cluster has to be removed. There's a hidden screw inside the boot, covered with a blanking plate, prise this out and undo the screw behind it. It should have a locking washer on it so it won't fall out when released.
Then using a steel ruler covered in gaffer tape, prise out the back of the light cluster (the bit towards the front of the car). It's held to the bodywork with pegs and they can be quite stiff.

Front bulbs are indeed H7s, I have Osram Night breakers for dipped and Philips Vision plus mains.

The headlight units need to come out to replace them. All you need to do is remove the top two screws each side on the slam panel, and then loosen the two lower bolts. This means the removal of the air intake ducting on the drivers side, and the shroud around the power steering bottle on the passenger side. Then the units slid out forwards, there are electrical connector blocks to disconnect if you pull them all the way out.

While they are out, replace the indicator bulbs with silver coated replacement bulbs. You'll need offset pin 21W indicator bulbs.

Be careful of the bumper paint on the in and out journeys.

Are you 2 brothers??
Just realised we have another andymac..:think:

Nope. I'm new here!:arco:

Just come in from the cold:cold: