BRAKE DISCS

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Hi guys

VAG Parts no longer around?
I need to change my front 2 discs and pads urgently. Where's best to go for them? The Mrs has just got a quote for £205 from Kwik Fit...

Cheers

They are cheaper/better quality genuine Audi.
Dependant on the car you have the discs are around £38/£50 ea, pads are £45/50.
A vin number is ideal for an exact price.

Not sure what's better quality - the ones we've had previously have only last 2 yrs - c15k miles.

Will get the vin nr though for a quote.

Thanks for the response

probably 288.

I would find a local motor factors and buy the disks there. I paid £30ea for a pair of 312mm disks and about 20quid for a set of mintex pads when i upgraded the fronts to 312mm spec at my local factors.

Cheers aragorn - and good luck with the fight against Saruman and hordes from Mordor !

The only thing i have heard is that some people have trouble with Brembo's warping quite quickly. Any one else had this problem?

And can anyone recomend some well priced front discs for my S4 as Mintex dont make them??

I've not had a problem with Brembo discs, I got mine with EBC green pads from GSF in Reading. I think I paid about £30 for a pair of front disks (Brembo Vented)and £40 for the pads. I've been using them for about 10k now and not had any problems, they stop brilliantly and the pads don't leave a lot of brake dust so my wheels stay shiny :arco:

Renbod - how the heck did you get the front discs so cheap?? I have been looking at the 312mm ones for mine, and they are way more ££ than that!!

The only thing i have heard is that some people have trouble with Brembo's warping quite quickly. Any one else had this problem?

And can anyone recomend some well priced front discs for my S4 as Mintex dont make them??

Having tried a few options, and found them all to be crap, I can recommend the full RS6 setup. APS charged about £1,500, but as they say,,,, you get what you pay for!

Only slight problem was that I got through 2 sets of pads and one set of discs in about 12,000 miles. But at least they do 'what it says on the tin'.....