Quattro BMW

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
....Not!

3274780262_f28ee295c4.jpg

The closest English translation is "Quattro is for wimps".

(A Warmduscher is someone who will only take warm showers)

You all know I like a gentle dig :laugh:

The car will around Reading/Berkshire until April then in Nurburg until Autumn so give me a beep if you see me! :racer:

I once thought the same and was a RWD follower...Now i wonder why i didn't get 4WD ages ago! I miss the drifting out of junctions but you can't fault the grip for progress making in these conditions.

Would be amusing if you crashed. I would quickly run over and put a "should of gone to audi" sticker on your car.

Well.....only if you werent terribly injurded ofcoarse lol :p

I once thought the same and was a RWD follower...Now i wonder why i didn't get 4WD ages ago! I miss the drifting out of junctions but you can't fault the grip for progress making in these conditions.

Dont imagine it'll be an issue in Northern Germany summertime mind.

You'll notice it says 'quattro' and not 4WD.....

Dont imagine it'll be an issue in Northern Germany summertime mind.

You'll notice it says 'quattro' and not 4WD.....

True over there with decent surfaced roads, but in the UK, any form of 4WD is far better than M Diff for traction! Wait, yours' doesn't even have that does it? :)

True over there with decent surfaced roads, but in the UK, any form of 4WD is far better than M Diff for traction! Wait, yours' doesn't even have that does it? :)

I'm not going to get into all that, thats not what the threads about. But you are quite misguided evidentally.

comon Dave write in English..... i understand the extra meaning with it being in German but at least have the balls to say what you think out loud:laugh:

cars looking well though, ironic that i was calling it a boat on the engine thread and your parked outside a marina:whistle2: be good to see how the LSD performs in the ultra wet, have you gone up against a tug yet?

I so cant wait till i can afford a REAL 4x4, cant take all this slating anymore:applaus::faint:

Car is looking purposeful. One of these days I'll visit the ring.

You have sponsership, or just going for the German AA look for kicks due to the yellow paintwork?

IMG_1802.jpg

Dave,give you a honk if I see you but theres so many Beemers on the road how do I know its you :p

Car is looking purposeful. One of these days I'll visit the ring.

You have sponsership, or just going for the German AA look for kicks due to the yellow paintwork?

IMG_1802.jpg

It started out as a mickey take as I HATE the yellow. (Or did, I have got used to it now).

But ADAC got wind and upgraded my membership for free, I think I might get it free as long as I keep the stickers.

The spoiler is standard BMW Kumho chamionship height, looks horrid but as with most of the car, its there for a reason, and they provide a lot of downforce so useful.

Dave am i correct in saying that you bought the car because you wanted a thoroughbread racer? sounds that way from the way you are talking fella

That's the general idea behind buying a race Car Tim.

Dave, the Khumo spoiller looks nasty. your old carbon gt2 spoiller was much nicer!

Dave, the Khumo spoiller looks nasty. your old carbon gt2 spoiller was much nicer!

It does, I agree. Unfortunately this one was bonded onto the boot lid so it isnt ever coming off.

I wanted to keep the carbon one but it would have meant changing the entire bootlid and having it resprayed, so I swapped the Carbon spoiler for front and rear strut braces.

Its a pain seeing behind you too with it being in direct line of sight.

However, its your bog standard Kumho spoiler and does provide extra downforce over the GT height one.

Functionality over Form with the **** Yellow mobile...

Nope understand that mate, but it isnt exactly race car spec is it? sure it has carbon bits etc but id guess the true German AA car would be entirely different in terms of pace and livability

If all Dave has done is bought an M3 and stuck some bits on it and a few stickers....... then its really a mock up and NOT a true racer.... post up your 1/4mile times this summer Dave, its not the be all and end all but still good to see

Tim.

There isn't such as thing as a 'real' German ADAC E36 M3.

I made it up, the ADAC stickers are a joke because the car is so yellow.

How is the car not 'race spec'? It totally depends on what race series you enter as to the required spec.

It is eligible to enter the Kumho BMW championship for example, but If I was going to do that, I'd probably stick AP 4 pots on it, a swirl pot, extra fuel pump and strip some more of the loom away. As well as externally mount fire and electric cut offs.

However, the car is designed to be used on the Nurburgring, so it has to remain road legal.

As a Nurburgring focused car, its in the middle of a true road car and a true race car.

Things that set it aside from being 'An M3 with bits stuck on it' would be:

Strengthened rear arms, modified to provide up to 3.5 of neg camber:
Whitem3051-2008-11-17at22-23-06.jpg

ARP Rod bolts, and Dual oil pick up
Whitem3055-2008-11-18at01-46-31.jpg

Polybushed rear with breather hole in rear diff
Whitem3050-2008-11-17at21-24-21.jpg

Gearbox sound deadening removed, knuckle replaced and short shift
Whitem3048.jpg

Spare wheel and Battery well removed and smoothed
yellowm3013-2008-05-07at20-58-33.jpg

Decat, 6 point strut brace
yellowm3025.jpg

//M floating discs, braided lines and ducts from bumper to rear of disc
Yellowm3022-2008-12-17at00-51-50.jpg

Bilstein PSS9 (Nurburgring) Coilovers
yellowm3038-2008-05-17at20-16-36.jpg

Safety Devices cage, 6 point Willans belts, Sparco Corsa seats
IMG_1815.jpg

Oz Superleggera wheels
IMG_1812.jpg

Carbon Fibre airbox, Strut brace front and rear
IMG_1818.jpg

Theres a lot more that has been done since as its a continually evolving project.

However, I am willing to admit its not a 'true racer' as you put it, after all, I kept the glovebox. True race cars cant spare the extra 1Kg for glovebox.....

I wont have any quarter mile times? What 'race cars' or 'track cars' for that matter do 1/4 miles? What do represent? Nothing really.

You can have a passenger lap in it on the Nurburgring though.....

hey Dave hat off to ya fella, havent admittedly seen the car other than the pic above and i know nutting regarding the bmw cup as you put it:icon_thumright:

From pics you have posted you seem to have gone all out on this one.... looks well!!!... good luck with it...not that bothered about a lift thanks, a ride in a 360bhp mid engined mini removed by b****x and so have never ventured into another aspiring race car since

Tim

HTC..... That clip was fantastic! :hubbahubba:

I know there is no passenger seat but see if I was in that when he was doing that driving..... there would be one hell of a smell in that car!

Think anyone can post a pic of what that beast looks like on the outside?

Sorry to hijack! :undwech:

No idea what the car looks like aside from searching for M3 GTR on google images. Dave might know.

It's one of my fav nurburgring vids. I have another in a skyline I like, but thats for another thread.

Yeah, just done a search... few different kits but all stunning looking.

Amazing vid, just watched it again and sent it out to some folks.

Quality.

Think the lean mean yellow machine is up to the task?

I like it by the way. :respekt:

HTC that is one awesome video! He's proper flying!!!!!!! wow.

Dude, that car's on fire!

hahahaha

Christ that guy is quick....

Have you done any timming around the ring yet dave? Am I right in thinking the car should be capable of an 8 minute lap?

wowzers

Thanks for the link Dave - very exciting. that guy has some skills.

As for your car, not to my tastes exactly with the yellow and hooge spoiler, but it looks a mean muthaf***a! I'm sure it will provide lots of fun out there - just be steady dood, so we get to hear the stories!

Rob :sm4:

Wow impressive spec.

What sort of lap time can you achieve in it?

No timings done on the 'ring yet guys.

It wont be out there until April/May.

Silverstone in a couple weeks though.

It should imagine it'd be capable of a sub 8min lap, just not with me driving it!!

jojo liking a BMW, omg, is there something wrong, you ok? ;-)

Hans Stuck is an absolute legend.