Service indicator wont reset

brucer

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Can anyone help me with this because i'm lost. I took my 57 plate S3 in for its first major service after doing around 19,000 miles & all was ok until the technician wanted a quiet word. Basically what he said is that he cant reset the service indicator on the car. He then went onto ask me if the car had been chipped since getting the first oil service carried out because the computer was reset then for that. I replied no, i have not carried out no mods apart from adding the audi sat nav but that was put into the car when getting it brand new. He then asked me again if the car had been chipped & by this point i was starting to get a wee bit angry only for them to say that i would have to leave the car in the garage for 3 days until it was repaired without a courtesy car. I required the car that afternoon for work so i have booked back in on Monday but i was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up.

All help is much appreciated, thank you.

If the car hasn’t been chipped or altered in any other way (electronically) by anyone other than Audi then it’s Audi’s job to put it right, assuming it’s still under warranty? Don’t take that no courtesy car crap either.

Fair play to the technician having a ‘quiet word’ with you though, dealers have a habit of re-flashing your ECU back to stock if you have had it modified within it’s warranty period. I guess he was giving you the option of saying ‘don’t worry about it, leave it as it is’, i.e. it is chipped and I don’t want you to reset it.