Driving and Daydreaming

denzelburner

Reaction score
Why do people need to stay in the middle lane of the motorway, when the inside lane is clear for nearly half a mile, and they're not overtaking? They don't pay any attention to what's around them, apart from the few yards in front. If they need to overtake, they indicate, and then just pull out into the outside lane as if these orange flashing lights on their vehicles means they have a given right to change lanes, even if the lane isn't clear. Why isn't this an offence to stop people cruising in the middle lane when lane one is clear. This should be undue care and attention, as they obviously can't be aware of their surroundings if they haven't pulled in. Lane two and three are for overtaking only, and then you pull back into lane one. Fair enough if you are overtaking, but when there is a HUGE gap before the next vehicle in lane one, then it should be an offence. This would clear up alot of the problems with motorways at the moment.

Also, why do people have to take the "racing line" on roundabouts, or even staying in the outside lane on a roundabout, and then go three quarters of the way round, ignoring the car to your right having to take avoiding action on hitting them. The lanes are clearly marked on the road as well as signs showing the correct lane for the roundabout. That would probably be the same person who cruises in the middle lane, saying it saves time on having to pull out round lorries every now and again.

Rant over, thanks

The simple answer to your questions is bad habits, see we drive as perfect to nomal as possible for our driving tests, but once we have the licence, then it's pretty much a free for all. We all have our bad habits I'm sure of it, and for some of us, cruising down the middle lane is one of them. I personally don't have a problem with middle lane hoggers unless they are actually in my way or driving too slow, like under 70 on the motorway.