Wastegate or Dump Valve???

Diesel_Seb

Im a Pro Elephant Keeper
Reaction score
ive seen alot of these types of threads on her lately, but my question(s) is,

can i get a wastegate or dump valve for my 1998 1.9 tdi???

if so, where abouts can i get them from??

ive been looking around for places this past week but i can seem to find one that would fit...

lastly, whats the different between a wastegate and a dumpvalve?? and is there any performance increase if either of them is added??

:arco:

Your car already has a wastegate, and maybe a recirculating dump valve also.
The wastegate is a small valve in the turbine housing that allows the exhaust gas to bypass the blades, thereby limiting the boot pressure produced.
The dumpvalve or DV for short, is on the intake side and relieves pressure in the intake pipework when the throttle is closed but the turbo is still spinning at high speed through its kinetic inertia.

Maybe, although it can sometime affect the idling or return to idle of some engines, they have a tendency to stall.

Look for something attached to your intake hose that looks like this but in black plastic, it will have 2 large and one small hose attached.

Forge007P.jpg

not sure about vag dieselsas i have no experience of these,but on most turbo diesels theres no dump valve fitted,as theres no real gain by fitting them,diesels differ in that theres no throttle valve to close and cause a build up of pressure when you lift off.you can fit them,but theyre not as easy as petrol engines due to there being no vaccum in the inlet manifold at idle on a diesel.they require an electrically operated solenoid valve to be fitted with a switch on the throttle pedal,which is why the usually stall at idle when fitted.
hope this helps.....graham.