Car Cover for S3

Dave1000

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good car cover for the new S3 my car is left outside on the drive I was thinking of getting a cover for it.

Thanks in advance

TBH I wouldnt bother.

Unless you wash your car before you cover it up each time, it will get scratched very quickly.

Hope this helps

I would advice against it as it is almost certain that it will scratch the paint as soon as the furry inner liner gathers some dust. I bought an expensive one when I bought the car, and it's been sitting in a closet ever since. Just my opinion.

This is what an S3 SB looks like under covers (when I went to pick it up)...

19092009869.jpg

Apparently to buy that cover direct from Audi would cost the average punter close to £3K but available on ebay for ~ 250 to 300 quid so the dealer informed me...

I have an Audi A3 Sportback cover... In fact I have those silver OEM manufacturer covers for each of my cars.

If they spend any time parked, they get put on tyre-cradles, pressures go up 5psi, and the car cover goes on. -This is indoors in a garage though... It keeps the dead flies off, and helps keeps the interior numbers nice and moderate. -Keeps UV fading down to a minimum also.

Tire cradles:
bporsche.jpg

If you're storing your car long enough to make putting on a cover worthwhile, you should probably get some of these also.

Oh, and NEVER put a cover on a dirty car. -Here in Florida the air is always dusty with fine sand if it hasn't rained for a few days, and if you get a few grains of that trapped under a car cover, it does all sorts of damage. -It's EVEN WORSE if you put it on outdoors, because any wind will then 'ripple' and 'ruffle' the car cover material, and the ripples tend to tug 'rhythmically' at the cover material, which GRINDS the sand grains into the paint...

Keep your car CLEAN, and use the cover for storage. DON'T use one for everyday parking outdoors, unless you plan on washing the car every single day.

Keith

Last edited:
I was going to go with covercraft, but I couldn't see spending the extra $100+ bucks on one, for the same material or fabric.

I was going to say if you do, go with a Covercraft, but one of their decent ones. Breathable is a good idea, especially if left outside for long periods covered up, otherwise you end up with cheaper covers keeping moisture in and thats not good.

I would be careful with the dirt under the cover, but i've never personally had a problem of getting scratches from dirt, but thats not to say its not possible.