Help needed with Cabriolet parts compred to saloon

paul_a3_tdi130

Reaction score
After selling my B6 A4 tdi with full S-line kit i've had a few cars A3, Focus and recently a 2003 subaru impreza but now i've been offered a 2002 A4 cabriolet but it's been crashed and needs a drivers side wing plus front bumper including grilles and spots. plus drivers side headlight.

I always thought the cabriolet had different wings and bumpers but after doing a search on the net can't find any answers.

Any help or advise really guys

Also roughly whats a 2.4V6 2002 cabriolet worth

Yep the Cab is a different body to the saloon so none of the parts will fit but you might want to update the front end to B7 if you’re going to do it.

Power is going to be the big issue with the 2.4 if you ask me it's a bit gutless for what it is.

Check Parkers here: for B6 A4 Cabriolets

Not given me much to work with there, but in working condition a 52 plate 2.4 Sport Multitronic on 70k is £6300-£8200 and an 02 plate 2.4 manual on 70k is £5900-£7600 obviously that does take into accoutn the current market to a large extent, but you might be able to discount a bit more than that and a lot further for the fact the car needs serious repair, but seriously revise those number and consider the possibility of a messy / very low resale if it's been CatD'd, so you need to find out the date of the accident and HPI check it as they'll have the insurance category write-offs (eventually!)... or find out his previous insurance details and check it.... either way, need to get an HPI, so you have the insurance to cover you if it turns up later that it's a catD...

Cheers guys, the cars unrecorded and only lightly damaged so if i can get i cheap enough think ill give it a go