Is dtm air-box the same?

gaz j

Reaction score
I have a 2.0T fsi S-line special edition(220ps) and was thinking of replacing the air filter for a pipercross one of ebay which is meant for the dtm. Does anyone know if i have the same airbox as dtm?

I have the same model as you Gaz, looked at loads of stuff reegaeding both the special edition and dtm editions, as far as I can make out the differences ar all cosmetci between them.

I'm certainly no authority on anything mechanical but I'm pretty sure they're the same.

I'm the same thoughts as you Andy D, only differences are bumpers, mirrors, tail-pipes and recaro's i think. Im sure the airbox will be the same. By the way I see you have a remap. Im looking at getting mine done at remap science in yorks. They've quoted me £200 for 260 bhp. What gains was yours, and do you notice much of a difference over standard performance and mpg?

There's a huge difference in power throught the fears, mid range is awesome.
My mpg has dropped maybe 1-2mpg, thats due to me having the odd wee blast of power.

I'm generally 34mpg going to work and 30 on my way home...it actually makes sense as I usually do tend to be quite spritely on my way home and chilled out on my way toi work....it's all down to how it's driven, you wont see any huge changes though.

Hi Andy D, when you got yours remapped did you have to change the diverter valve or does our's already have the uprated version to the standard S-line DV?