engine management light

dyce martin

Reaction score
hello all just purchased my S3 at the weekend and after 500 blissful miles the engine light has come on!!
Can anyone recommend a garage in Aberdeen or a clued up member nearby with vagcom i am willing to pay
for help.
Does this happen often and should i be worried, there was no loss of power of strange noises and the car is running fine
could it be an error and a reset is required i dont know much about engines.

thanks Martin:sadlike:

There is a sticky on here that has members on here that have VAGCOM, you may be able to contact someone local that can help you, for some beer tokens :)

Here's the link to the vagcom users map pal:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?84603-***VCDS-Users-Map***

Without any other knowledge of the fault don't think anyone will be able to comment, especially as you say it hasn't affected performance. You need to get it hooked up. You could try resetting your ecu first to clear the fault code and then see if it reappears. You can do this by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Bear in mind though that when you reconnect the battery you will need to re-enter the radio security code. You will also lose the the one touch windows, which will need to be reprogrammed (easily done but something to bear in mind).

Have a good read through this forum mate, at all the stickies etc. There is loads of info on the S3 and the typical faults people are getting with them, and the solutions. I've only had mine for a few weeks or so, and have had my head buried in this forum since:readit:.

HTH

P.s. Welcome to the forum :sign_welcome: