01336 (single wire mode) and 00470 (electrical error in circuit)

topcaten

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just checking the oil this evening, when noticed a cracked hose for the SAI, I thought I would scan the car with my OBDeleven to see if some codes related to that had popped - none.
BUT to my surprise i had 5 other codes..
frown.gif

My car is a A4 Avant B7 2008, 1.8T (BFB engine)

01336 (static) - 08 Air Conditioning,
01336 (static) - 09 Central Electronics
01336 (static) - 46 Comfort Systems

00470 (static) - 17 Dashboard
00470 (static) - 25 Immobilizer

I checked google and the first (01336) seems to be related to the CAN, if I understood it correctly there are different CANs? This one being the comfort-CAN?
Anyways it can work i single wire mode, but most likely there is a broken cable somewhere, or more unlikely a broken control module.
Apparently the cables from the A-pillar to the doors are not uncommon?

00470 seems to be related although in different modules? It seems to as the code imply have something to do with error in a circuit.
Is these two codes connected? Where and what should I start checking?

Also, my vacation is coming up and I was planning on going to my girlfriend some 850km from where I live, is it safe to travel there although I have these codes?
What would be affected if the system completely fails - locks for example, would those still work?

Thanks in advance!
Christian

EDIT:
Hi,

I was just checking the oil this evening, when noticed a cracked hose for the SAI, I thought I would scan the car with my OBDeleven to see if some codes related to that had popped - none.
BUT to my surprise i had 5 other codes..
:(

My car is a A4 Avant B7 2008, 1.8T (BFB engine)

01336 (static) - 08 Air Conditioning,
01336 (static) - 09 Central Electronics
01336 (static) - 46 Comfort Systems

00470 (static) - 17 Dashboard
00470 (static) - 25 Immobilizer

I checked google and the first (01336) seems to be related to the CAN, if I understood it correctly there are different CANs? This one being the comfort-CAN?
Anyways it can work i single wire mode, but most likely there is a broken cable somewhere, or more unlikely a broken control module.
Apparently the cables from the A-pillar to the doors are not uncommon?

00470 seems to be related although in different modules? It seems to as the code imply have something to do with error in a circuit.
Is these two codes connected? Where and what should I start checking?

Also, my vacation is coming up and I was planning on going to my girlfriend some 850km from where I live, is it safe to travel there although I have these codes?
What would be affected if the system completely fails - locks for example, would those still work?

Thanks in advance!
Christian

EDIT:

I exported the log and now it more clearly states that they are connected.
Full scan
01336 - Combination Comfort databus
static

00470 - Combination comfort databus in single wire
static

Both relate to the "Combiantion comfort databus" - so is seems to imply the relatedness.
Where should I start - what is the most likely culprit and what can happen if I continue to drive this way until after vacation?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Been digging some more.
Since my car doesn't have Adress 19 - CAN Gateway (which some says to read some MVBs? 125? 130? 131? 132?), which adress can I go into to maybe check som MVBs?
I guess there is a way to check proper function to units in the Comfort databus: door control (J386/7/8/9), comfort system (J393), J502?, parking aid (J446), J345?, electrical (J519) & memory seat control (J136), J527?, J453? ?
http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_254.pdf (p.38)

I've checked the connections in the doors, everything seems OK related to the convience CAN-bus which cables are:
  • CONVENIENCE - Orange + Green (high), Orange + Brown (low)
I noticed that a bigger grown cable in the drivers door (left) where the plastic is gone a bit, but can't see any damage to the wiring itself - I doubt moisture from this could have found itself into the connector and affect the convenience CAN?

img_9741_89fc79436b319d648f0ca3a3f0eaab329cc68f5c.jpg

Driver door (left - EU)

Anyway I can also report that I didn't find the convenience cables to the back-doors, at least I can clearly say that the orange-green wasen't there - perhaps since I don't got electric windows for the back doors.

Another question I found that if my convenience CAN completely stops working, I can probably still lock all doors, open the trunk (which I hope is locked, unless released from inside - there's no key for the trunk in B7 compared to B6), and also open the fuel door - but in my car that 'wire' is somewhat hidden.. I guess since a mechanic a while back changed a fuel hose that it got hidden, see below:

img_9751_da83b5821eda2ad50de7df7ea14e5f1ebac3fecf.jpg

Fuel emergency release - probably hidden in the corner of the black box (looks white here)

Can anyone post me a picture of how it should look like? Really preferably with the whole side away so I can try and put it the right way - I really don't want to break the plastic and don't get it to work at all!

FYI:
I've found out that B7 doesn't got a gateway. Many post I've read refer to read the MVBs 130, 131 and 132 data from Address 19 - CAN Gateway.
I've found some maybe relevant MVBs in 09 - Central Electronics: 125, 126. In 46 - Comfort System: 125. 17 Dashboard: 131. But my OBDeleven doesn't say anything about what the readings are so it doesn't help me..
I also share a video on how to dismantle the door-cable for our cars:
And also a self-study programme related to the CAN bus: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_269_d1.pdf

25 dating 20 year old dating a woman of color woman photoshopped herself dating jesus on facebook international dating sites for marriage dating educated black men 60 years old galwegian resident dating nurse how to start an online dating business i am dating my friend's crush dating services sydney australia most popular dating simulator online only dating for money newly online members dating sites dating for old men newsletter best dating site in czech republic white men for black women dating ste how to find out if someone is on a dating site for free mature anal sex thumb dating start dating long distance buddhist dating site usa best opening line dating website