1.8T oil squirters

desertstorm

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well had a small issue when I was stripping the block the other day to get it ready for some new pistons. The third oil squirter I came to undo decided it would rather stop in the block. I was using a 12 point spline to remove them and had removed 2 already.
The 4th came out OK as well which left 1 in the block. Fortunately the heads on these bolts seem fairly soft, easier to to drill it out. But possibly why they stripped when I tried to remove it.
I looked around and found 4 OE oil squirters for £24 on fleabay.

The part number is 06B103154 where as the TT items appear to be O6B103154B .
The hole in the new parts appears to be fractionally larger. Does anybody know if there is any difference in the OE TT parts and these new ones. I am tempted to put the new ones in anyway as they have an Allen Key head on the bolts which looks a lot deeper than the spline items that were on the engine originally.
I can reuse the original squirter with a new bolt if that is the best way to go.
DSC 4465

I have no idea but if the hole on the end of the squirter is the same size, it will have the same pressure wont it? why has your original one got notches in?

The original squirter is the black one. The silver one with notches in is the new item. It's a 2002 BAM.

Same question though? Is the new one a different shape to cater for a bigger bore or different rods?

Incidentally, how is it working out using an engine stand? I bet it is a breath of fresh air compared to laying down under the car for hours on end.