Ferrari California

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Ferrari California

A two day visit back to one of my regulars in the Midlands.

Day 1 was spent maintaining the Porsche 997 Turbo and the Mercedes GL420. Day two, a New Car Gloss Enhancement Detail was given to the daily driven Ferrari California.

Inspection shots..

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Typical machine holograms left by the Dealer prep. This car is only 5/6 months old..

The front end had been covered by PaintSheild to preserve the paint from stone chips, bugs etc etc. Although it serves a purpose, it doesn’t half steal the clarity of the paint underneath. Film applied to bumper, bonnet, both wings and mirrors.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

The interior would require a little attention today as what with it being a daily drive, the light coloured leather was showing signs of dirt already.

DSC_0033.jpg

I’m without any ‘before’ photos I am afraid; very difficult to capture on the camera.

DSC_0041.jpg

A design-fail on Ferrari’s behalf this:

DSC_0043.jpg

Stepping up to my strongest cleaner by LTT, I was able to improve, but not fully shift the stubborn mark.

DSC_0044.jpg

LTT Auto Ultra Foam used to clean all leather areas – doors cards, dash, front and rear seats. A weak G101 mix used to clean other plastic areas that required attention. LTT Auto Ultra Protect later used to help ‘shield’ the pale coloured leather.

The weather was very hit and miss today.. One minute sun, one minute blistering gales with rain.

Wheels and arches first on the exterior agenda.

DSC_0046.jpg

Down comes the rain..

Front end covered in APC to eat into the bug-splats.

DSC_0047.jpg

Vehicle rinsed and snow foamed. Rinsed and additional foam applied to assist my two bucket wash.

Rinsed with an open hose to aid the drying stage (there was a break in the rain at this point..) and then taken inside to start machine polishing work.

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

…a bit cosy, eh?

Treading very carefully, I loaded the rotary with a finishing pad and Menzerna 106FA.

Boot-lid before and after:

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Tailgate after:

DSC_0074.jpg

Rear bumper before:

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

After:

DSC_0077.jpg

High up on the roof befores:

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

And all knocked back leaving a sharp and refined finish:

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

That was the O/S of the car complete… I now have to dodge the rain showers again and manoeuvre the vehicle back in the garage the other way round..

Cheeky photos whilst spinning round:

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

N/S completed in much the same way.

The front end was lightly polished with the same finishing pad and polish, but on the DA polisher to keep temperatures down..

Before/After:

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

Fiddly smaller areas where the machine wouldn’t reach were cleansed by hand.

DSC_0096.jpg

Whole exterior given an IPA wipedown to remove polishing oils.

Collinite 476s wax applied for max durability.

Windows cleaned with 3M Glass Cleaner. Tyres Dressed and Alloys sealed. Exhausts polished and final Z8 wipedown given upon completion.

Polish residues caught in the Paintshield edges removed via toothpickery…

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

FINI.

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg
DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg
DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg
DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

It has to be said, a beautiful car.

A few snaps from the previous days work on the Porsche and Mercedes going through their 3 month maintenance plans:

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Again, thanks for your time.

Jim

I heart your job jim! Fancy any volunteers? :p Great work pal! Jaw dropping gorgeous car!

Amazing work!

Out of interest, what sort of price would i be looking at for my a4 avant? Just a rough guide ;)

Lovely job! I love the California, but when I first saw it was in blue my heart sunk a little :( ...... but it came up so well by the end I was over it! *Would still be red for me tho....)

Brilliant to have a repeat customer like that, stunning place and car collection.

nice work.... didn't know ferarri was part of the Audi group tho ;)

Hoggy, you've done a real nice job on your S3 chap - spotted it today and it sits well. Well done!

Shame I didnt get chance to meet you but it's difficult putting usernames to faces lol. We should all have name lanyard's next year maybe?

Lovely job! I love the California, but when I first saw it was in blue my heart sunk a little :( ...... but it came up so well by the end I was over it! *Would still be red for me tho....)

Brilliant to have a repeat customer like that, stunning place and car collection.

its not red, but most importantly the guys F50 is!!! :ohmy: the most amazing ferrari......