Alarm warning LEDs - no flashing?

amimmortal

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question...

Just went outside to put the bins out and noticed that the alarm LEDs on the car doors aren't lit. Nothing at all - no flashing or anything.

I've unlocked the doors (got the customary indicators flash, and the interior lights came on as usual) and locked them again, but still no alarm LEDs flashing.

Having done a rudimentary search here, this looks like a common problem, however I wondered if anyone had some A6 specific advice for me?

It's a 2004 (54) A6 Final Edition 1.9 TDI Multitronic. Just had it's 40,000 miles service at Star Performance in Kirkcaldy on 12/07/10, and they didn't advise me of any fault at the time...

I do tend to check most evenings that the LEDs are flashing so I'm pretty sure this has only happened in the last couple of days.

I've not got any warnings on the DIS or instrument warning panel on the dashboard.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

A.

No flashing at all mate... Very strange. Is there an easy way to check if the alarm is working without breaking the window?!

Try locking it with you in the car, sitting still, leave it a few mins to set, then move around to set the alarm off? Done that a few times with the kids in!