Hesitation - Timing

Brett,

Audi say the plugs last 60k in a standard car, but I've found by changing mine at every 15k the car seems to behave a lot better.

By using Iridiums with a finer tip you are putting less demand on the coil packs in terms of the voltage requested, and the burn should hopefully be cleaner than the OEM plugs.

This is personal opinion, not fact, but my (pre-facelift 8P2) TFSi engine doesn't seem to respond well to the higher fueling demands. I don't know whether it is a system that is build to work optimally at very specific air/fuelling parameters, and all the gubbins added just throws this horribly out of balance, but I'd love to do a bore scope of the internal chambers to see how bad the internal carbonation of valves is.

When we do short stop-start around town journeys it seems to suffer more than those used for longer journeys as the excess fueling under cold start seems to glaze the plugs as they never properly warm up.

The electrode tips on some of my plugs have been very carboned up, and the ceramic collars quite red (and I don't use octane booster / injector cleaner). I'm interested to see if catch can over time will deliver any perceivable benefit.

Anyway, a very long winded way of saying as soon as the car runs less than 100% the first thing I do is whip the plugs out and if I'm less than satisfied with them they get replaced (and 9/10 times it has resolved the issue - just not the 5,100 rpm intermittent hesitation!).

Best of luck getting it sorted. JKM can supply Iridium 7's next day.

Audi has had my Car since last Thursday, so far we have got to the ? what fuel do I use, they think it is a fuel issue, and have had problems similar with using low grade fuel, quite ironic that the car is suppose to run on all unleaded, on the first test drive i took to show them the issue they asked what fuel, and I told them V power, a week ago, so had my car all this time and they ask again, they also refuse to believe it is coil packs, I have to have my car back so they had it near a week and not solved it.

Frankly this has pretty well made me think I will never buy another Audi, I was warned that if I had a problem, they were next to useless, and this has proved it, to the point the Service MANAGER said he was not technical and did not have a clue to what I was talking about.

So Audi £120-0 PH is plug in computer, phone Audi technical, with data, they say what is wrong, and they fix, but they still cannot fix, cos computer says NO.

God only knows what this would cost if out of warranty

As you can see not to impressed, wasting my time and money, on a car a few months old, But I know this is how it would go, hence why I waited so long to try and get it sorted.

bl**dy hell, that's like for like with what i've had. 3rd and 4th, 5th gear around 4k and it stutters / misfires / pulls the timing. Sometimes it's not bad others it jolts me forward out of seat. No lights / fault codes. RAC have looked twice, Audi dealer has had it in and logged each cylinder, no misfires, fuel pressure fine. They've stripped and checked all fuel and boost lines / hoses.

Sent dat to AUDI Tech and answer came back...........................'tell customer to use better fuel'................................halfwits, they know i always use V Power. Brand new car and 8k miles and now it plays up?. It's now booked in end of next week indefinately until they fix it, otherwise i'm rejecting it.

Keep us updated on how you get on Brett

Mine has never jolted me out of the seat for sure, but you can tell it is there and only when just cruising, so just on the throttle holding a constant speed. If I take Revo off though it is really subtle,and heard to tell you have to wait for it and concentrate and it just hesitates every now and again. I will prob put mine back in to audi in a months time, so keep me posted to please.

Mine has never jolted me out of the seat for sure, but you can tell it is there and only when just cruising, so just on the throttle holding a constant speed. If I take Revo off though it is really subtle,and heard to tell you have to wait for it and concentrate and it just hesitates every now and again. I will prob put mine back in to audi in a months time, so keep me posted to please.

Ahh, mines slightly different then. Mines under WOT after holding constant throtlle / speed. This is especially apparent if going up hill, the steeper the hill the worse the problem seems to be, although it does it on flat and downhill too.

Bingo...exactly the same as mine and still no solution to the problem...my car is back at audi today and ive told them they have 2 days o sort it out...with the Revo off its subtle and as you say you have to wait for it...but with all the parts on and the stage 2 + map loaded its very noticeable...the dealer says he has another 2 cars in with the exact same problem...the pre-facelift never gave me this problem...

Well mine is still exactly the same, I not had time to get Audi to Look at it again, it would be interesting though to see if it is only Revo added software cars that this problem has appeared on.

In some ways I would like to see if I could get my car completely wiped of any added software, and start from scratch again, even though people stay once revo software is switched off and makes it drive like it is back to stock, I am not so sure it has or does.

Wish you luck on the 2 days :(

My ecu has been cleaned...its definately not the software as i had the problem before I loaded the software...the software just highlights the problem...but im holding thumbs that they sort it out...