Would I be silly? Remap for 113k 1.9TDi QS

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be attending a rolling road meet this coming Saturday in the West Mids and to the members taking part, remaps are being done for £200 per car. Cheap, yes?!

This has got me thinking; DO I, or don't I have the remap done on my car..

a 53 plate well maintained 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport with 113k miles.

Has anyone with the same car had a map? Pleased? Any troubles or worries?

The last thing I want is to pay for a new clutch, a flywheel or similar.

I thought I'd try testing the water before going through with it. If any other's are interested, it's a TDi Sport meet, and, I could pass on details to the event if you were interested and wanted to take part yourself.

Many thanks.

I'd go for it, but just bear in mind that you might shorten the life of your existing clutch. They'll remap to 170 + quite comfortably I believe, or you could do what Mattyboy did and god for approx 160 which won't strain everything too much, but still give you some worthwhile gains.

Mine was on about 130k (although I had just bought a second hand engine) when I fitted the tuning box, and I've never looked back!

My 1.9 is mapped @ 170 and has been for 5 years + and it totally transforms the drive ,
all i will say is becareful with the clutch at low revs make sure its out before you give it a bootfull as theres a massive amount of torque once you have had a map :)

Mwahaha.

Thanks all.

Will keep you informed. (no one is in the West Mids area are they?)

I just got mine done about 2 weeks ago. 140k on the clock, 1.9TDI (SE). I absolutely love it, just feels so much nicer to drive. I do slightly worry for the clutch, but as mentioned I just make sure it's fully out before I put my foot down.

I also get better fuel economy too, especially on long runs. Up 3-4 MPG i'd say. I got Shark Performance to do mine, he's in Mansfield. He mainly does Skoda's now, but had 4 A4's (i think) before his VRS so knows his Audi's also.

Mine was about £250 for the remap, think it's usually 275, but 10% discount for forum members. Get it done, you know you want to.

I think Chip'N'Spin are also still charging about £250 for remap plus before and after dyno, plus a test drive before you decide if that's what you're after: not sure on the refund policy or if they just give you an alternative remap - at very least I assume they'll still charge you £50 for a dyno, which is worth it in itself :)

Go for it: if the clutch has been treated well and is treated carefully post remap, it shouldn't drastically change the lifespan... but be warned, if it's borderline already, then you could push it over the edge: good news is that once you've got a new clutch in place, it'll be fine for another 100k :)

is the clutch the only thing to be worried about when getting a re map i have a 2.5q s what would be a safe bhp to try for

can anyone advise me someone in the south? hampshire/Surrey way?

Cheers

is the clutch the only thing to be worried about when getting a re map i have a 2.5q s what would be a safe bhp to try for

it's the torque that's the issue, but since the TDI remaps are all about torque an nothing about rev-range, it's the same thing really :<220bhp = around 330lb/ft, which is fine if you drive it carefully....

hampshire surrey way, not that local but - bigboystoys in thurrock are £200 for a generic map.

Hi all,

The tuners in question were CC-Tuning in Burton Upon Trent.

Having just arrived home I'm happy with the results. It's not amazing, but, alot better. Maybe I was just expecting to much?

We were unable to put mine on the Dyno due to the quattro system etc which is a shame.. He said on our run out that it pushed 398lb/ft which equates to around the 170bhp mark(?) (does this sound about right??)

Money well spent, but, am sure I will get used to it in no time at all..

Yeah, slighty gutted tbh.

I'll keep my eyes open for the next one at this Bromsgrove place... Still interested to see figures etc.

Hi all,

The tuners in question were CC-Tuning in Burton Upon Trent.

Having just arrived home I'm happy with the results. It's not amazing, but, alot better. Maybe I was just expecting to much?

We were unable to put mine on the Dyno due to the quattro system etc which is a shame.. He said on our run out that it pushed 398lb/ft which equates to around the 170bhp mark(?) (does this sound about right??)

Money well spent, but, am sure I will get used to it in no time at all..

After my remap, I was told that it takes approx 50 miles for the sensors to re-adjust, to get the full benefits.

Let us know in a few days whether the remap has made a big difference. I know it did with mine.

Yours should do!! Enjoy!!

Thanks fella :)

I will be unloading the car today so that should help a little, too. Rolling around with a boot FULL of kit won't help either the economy OR performance hehe

hey mate, maybe you were expecting the punch in the back that your revo'd s3 gave you. Id imagine with that much torque you'd have a little smile on your face though!

I am new to this site... My first car....Got an Audi A3 8l 1.9 TDI... got about 130k on the clock and want to get it re-mapped... Have had it for about a month and it has been fantastic but could do with a little more power!!!!

What would be the next steps if I did decide to go for it??? Any suggestions???