Oil Around The Filler Cap - PCV Valve / Filter

StagsyA4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me.

I was chatting to my bro-in-law last night regarding oil that appears to be round the oil filler cap and all over the engine cover.

He mentioned it could possibly be the PCV filter is clogged up (providing my engine has one).

Do any of you know if this is the case? Does the 2.0 TDI 140 engine have such a valve & filter? Could this be my problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cheers.

i am also waiting for replys on this mate as mine is the same, not all over just around filler cap.

Don't have an answer for you guys but experiencing similar symptoms with a recently bought A4 TDI 170 (B7). It has oil all around the filler cap area and now and again puffs blue smoke when sat idling. Does not smoke under acceleration or whilst driving. Idle is sometimes slightly lumpy. From reading a post on another forum it sounds like the PCV valve may be blocked. There are videos on Youtube that show testing a PCV by unplugging from the car and shaking it to listen for movement of the valve. I just need to find where the PCV valve is hiding under the bonnet so i can test it.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I need to get it checked out ASAP. Car is due a service anyway.