A3 1.6 / 1.6 fsi

johnsnow

Reaction score
how would I be able to tell the difference between a 1.6 and a 1.6fsi? Is there a way to lookup the model / bhp from the car registration somewhere?

Only reason is Ive read that the normal 1.6 is underpowered and needs to be driven hard

Should be on your log book somewhere near the top.

Your insurance papers might have it listed also.

as above the logbook tells the truth, tbh i didnt find my 1.6 that underpowered and i loved the economy i got with it, great little mile muncher imho, sexy too just like me ;)

well my 1.6 is abit :S doing 80mph hitting 4000 revs in fifth gear :S

ive got a 1.6fsi and its a 6 speed so at 80mph my revs are about 3000 rpm , not a massive difference but could be on a long journey better on fuel at around 70-75 mph on the motorway i get around 50mpg

Mine isn't the best...
Performace wise its not bad when you ring its neck (for a 1.6 hatch) but I find it doesnt move unless you give it some beans. Paired with living in Sheffield and having to cross the city centre going to and from work my fuel economony is rubbish. I think I'm right in saying that the non FSI (or 8 valve) has a 5 speed box and a timing belt. The FSI has a chain and 6 gears. Neither car is going to set the world on fire and I would only choose the FSI over the 8 valve because its got an extra gear.