Carbon Fibre?

JonnyG2606

Reaction score
SDC10420.jpg
SDC10423.jpg

SDC10418.jpg
SDC10414.jpg

nice is it viynl wrapped???

That is pure sex :hubbahubba:, please tell me it can be made with the parking sensor holes in it! Also wheres it from?

carbon wing mirrors belong on civics/integras not audi's

that said, i do think the rear pannel looks pretty sweet, the carbon viynl used looks too shiney for my liking though!

Thanks for the comments people - it is indeed a vinyl wrap, but in the flesh I think it looks fantastic. I already have brushed alu mirrors and just had the black casings lying around - they only cost £20 each to have done and I am very pleased with how they came out. Big shout to Andrew at Carbon FX - a truly top bloke!

Looks great, must get some of it. Is it easy to work with ?

Looks great, must get some of it. Is it easy to work with ?

Cheers mate, I think you probably need a couple of pairs of hands to do it as it needs to be properly stretched tight and then smoothed out - I got it done professionally as the large sheets are a bit much if you get it wrong. The stuff used on mine is from APA, which the guy prefers to the 3M Di-noc stuff you can get on ebay.

As the above plus do they have contact email/phone?

I just done my grill in carbon fibre, looks pretty good.

Nathan

Didnt take very good pics but here they are. Will take some of how it look like on the car.

100_1952.jpg

100_1954.jpg

100_1950.jpg

Nathan

Was the grill surround difficult to do nathan?
I may have a go at this as i think it would look good on my black bodywork.
Iv got a pair of mirror covers kicking about but i think it would look a little ott for my taste.
How much vinyl did you buy to do the grill?

ive been wondering weather or not to do this as ive already done the rear rings emblem and the grab handle and also fitted a black s3 badge so dunno if it will be ott or not.

Was the grill surround difficult to do nathan?
I may have a go at this as i think it would look good on my black bodywork.
Iv got a pair of mirror covers kicking about but i think it would look a little ott for my taste.
How much vinyl did you buy to do the grill?

I found it pretty easy to do and this was the first time I had used vinyl. Il try and upload a pic of the grill on my car, looks very nice.

I used this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-3M-Di...K_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM#ht_777wt_911

Was well enough to do the grill and have a bit left over, give it a go.

Nathan

I was thinking the exact same thing. I mentioned it in a post in the 'detailing' forum on how to clean it-My one is quite dirty and can't shift the dirt marks and mentioned about covering with carbon fibre. I can then put my chrome strip around it and it really will stand out. I've taken the chrome strip of it as it draws to much attention to it. Doing the wing mirrors/front grill/badge is possibly a step too close in the 'dechroming' 'lose my cars idendity' area.

So anyway, who , where and how much just for the rear piece ?

Looks like a really nice finish, but not my thing to be honest. Just seems a bit out of place pretending to have carbon bits & bobs on a car as heavy as the S3.

Looks like a really nice finish, but not my thing to be honest. Just seems a bit out of place pretending to have carbon bits & bobs on a car as heavy as the S3.

i agree with this tbh. I do like the idea of doing the grill surround though as its easier to put back to standard in the future and from a distance would look similar to a satin black or gun metal finish.

I think it looks pretty good. Also like the grill Nath. Reckon you could give my grill ago? lol i dont have the patience :)

I think it looks pretty good. Also like the grill Nath. Reckon you could give my grill ago? lol i dont have the patience :)

Benskin....def get it done.. will look the nuts on a darlk motor such as yours.....:thumbsup:

Id give you a hand Ash if you want to get yours done. Be hard to get the right size for the whole of the your grill though.

Nathan

Did somebody need the plastic insert for the s3 rear bumper? I have my old one if anyone is interested. PM me. Thanks Andy

Benskin....def get it done.. will look the nuts on a darlk motor such as yours.....:thumbsup:

Cheers for that mate:) Think it would look good but as nath said gonna be quite hard.

Id give you a hand Ash if you want to get yours done. Be hard to get the right size for the whole of the your grill though.

Nathan

Thanks Nate. Yeah thinking it be hard i'll give it ago with you. If we cant do it i'll get that vinyl place by magic round about to do it.
Text you once i got my car and coilovers on.

Nice one

Sorry ash may have confused you a bit. Putting the vinyl on is pretty easy, I meant it might be hard to find a vinyl to cover all your grill in one so there are not partings. Couldnt find anything that big on the net but im sure a vinyl store should be able to source the correct size.

Where to is the vinyl place down by the magic round about, is it the place by the flyers pub.

Nathan

Sorry ash may have confused you a bit. Putting the vinyl on is pretty easy, I meant it might be hard to find a vinyl to cover all your grill in one so there are not partings. Couldnt find anything that big on the net but im sure a vinyl store should be able to source the correct size.

Where to is the vinyl place down by the magic round about, is it the place by the flyers pub.

Nathan

Aww sorry about that Nath. Yeah Madol 02920 467100 they do window tints and full vehicle wraps.
So i suppose i could just buy a large enough bit of them.