Turbo Dump Noise normal??

adamf200

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was reading a thread on here the other day where some members were complaining about a turbo dump noise similar to that of an Impreza and that there could be some sort of problem with their car.
Mine does this though only very quietly, is it normal or is it a problem?
It seems to be coming from the glovebox area and can only be heard if I have the stereo turned of so its very quiet.

Mine also does that. Seems to get louder as the boost gets higher..Think ts normal.

Standard dv shouldn't really make that noise. Mine did the same when i first bought the car so i bought a Forge one as it meant it was knackered.

My car has no mods so it should make no noise at all?
You can only hear it inside the car very faintly when stereo is off, if this is a problem what could it be?
WHat do I need to do to sort it?

Get a Forge 007p, you'll be better off with one of these. Nearly everyone goes for the Forge dv.

So the forge 007p will cure any problem my car has associated to this noise?

yeh your diverter valve is most likely cracked and causing it to flutter. it sits at the back of the engine towards the passenger side hence sounding like the glovebox area. as above really a forge 007p is ur best bet.

is it easy to fit or do I need it doing by a mechanic?
They are available new on ebay for £75, is this a reasonable price?
(Im really crap at car diy by the way)

Very easy to fit... a couple of jubilee clips to unscrew, carefully pull out the old DV and replace with the Forge. £75 sounds about right for it, no fitting kit is required so it's just the valve.

A new Bosch diverter valve will sort your problem, about £20 from a dealer. You'll probably never need to change it again.

is it not normal to have a little noise??? i would not worry about it too much to be honest if you have to turn the stero down and listen for it i would say its normal. After all it is a recirc system and you are bound to hear it back through the air box, which is located on the passanger side, hence you saying glove box, if it is really noticable then i would change it. I get this on mine and i would say its perfectly normal although i do have a remap and smoothed out air box along with forge 007 which makes it more noticable.

ok well thanks for the advice, I have purchased a forge 007 from the internet for £75, I just need a guide to fitting it now as im crap under the bonnet!
I really dont know where to start, is there a link to a thread that would show me how to do it?

If you go to the forge website and look at the 007 you can download a PDF of the fitting instructions - It's for the TT but the same fitting
content.asp

what is so great about the forge 007, shaken not stired etc valve lol

what is so great about the forge 007, shaken not stired etc valve lol

the standard bosch item has a diaphragm which is prone to failure. the forge 007p has an aluminium piston. it is probably serviceable if required. im sure somebody can correct if im wrong.
Also i would say to the original post, dont worry about the noise as its normal, unless it does flutter which would point towards the faults already listed.