My b5 tdi

Seem to be a pretty quick turnaround aswell, there on the way to me already.

Photo330.jpg

Pressed plates on.

Only one I took today, look much better than standard I think though. I think for the price aswell they are decent quality. Oh and delivery of them was real quick.

I was going to go through dubmeister and get some but there's a lad on here who went in with the group buy, sent his money and documents to them in November and still has no plates and doesnt have his documents back.

Oooh i like that...

I especially like that they've snuck the makers name away on the border, rather than using huge 10mm high letters across the bottom of the plate.

Might have to get a set or two.

Yeah I was quite suprised they had put it out of the way, looks much cleaner I think, not keen on anything on the reg plate apart from the reg number, thats why I did away with the GB sign aswell.

Only one I took today, look much better than standard I think though. I think for the price aswell they are decent quality. Oh and delivery of them was real quick.

I was going to go through dubmeister and get some but there's a lad on here who went in with the group buy, sent his money and documents to them in November and still has no plates and doesnt have his documents back.

I followed that thread and noticed some unhappy people.

About to order a set for me as well. :D

Got my bits from VW today so I can start doing the suspension on it, going to be doing the rear tomorrow and if I get chance do the front aswell.

So today i've stripped all the boot out ready to start in the morning, also ordered some touch up paint for my car to sort the few little bits of rust on the front archs.

Oh and also changed the fuel filter, got some diesel purge off ebay and ran that through before I fitted the new filter as I was getting quite abit of smoke from the car, now this has been done...hardly any smoke at all, even under full load.

Few more pictures.

Now with rear lowered, front getting done friday along with sorting the rear mounts out.

DSCF1106-2.jpg

DSCF1107-2.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

DSCF1109-1.jpg

Had the front lowered now aswell and the back mounts sorted out, looks so much better now. Ride is alot better now aswell.

Will get some pictures up when the cars clean.

Also recived my cd changer and it doesnt work so its gone back on ebay and im getting a MP3 adaptor thing so I can use IPOD etc.

Had the front lowered now aswell and the back mounts sorted out, looks so much better now. Ride is alot better now aswell.

Will get some pictures up when the cars clean.

Also recived my cd changer and it doesnt work so its gone back on ebay and im getting a MP3 adaptor thing so I can use IPOD etc.

A gen CD changer?
I'm thinking of removing mine this weekend.

Yeah, put it on as faulty, it makes noises and I opened it up to see what it was doing and when it goes to pull a cd into the slot it sits in to play it only pulls the cd about a inch then puts it back in the magazine, then does same with the next disc and so on. Also selling the magazine from it seperatly.

Its already on ebay bud, going for stupid prices aswell new, no one near you that you could borrow one off?

I did think about getting a lip spoiler but im not to sure if it would look right.

I was in 2 minds about adding a lip to mine aswell as i really like the lines on the rear of the saloon, however i passed it on to the bodyshop and after seeing it trial fitted im glad i done it....is slightly different form E46 M3 that everyone else has thou;)

I'll see what it looks like on yours when you get it back from the bodyshop and see what I think. Just really dont think one will suit mine though.

Got the mp3 adaptor thing fitted but the mp3 player i got was alod of crap so sent it back and bought a 6gb Sony mp3 player. Seems to work pretty good though.

Not much changed, had a oil and filter change other day, went to start in the morning, got the car in the air, went to undo the sump....****, its just spinning round, so went off to vw to get a new sump plug, so then onto getting the old sump plug out, got mole grips on it and brayed it with a hammer and finally manged to get it out, 2 threads on it, 3 washers and a ****-load of ptfe tape. So in went the new plug with no problems, tightened up fine aswell with no leaks.

Cars booked into longlife exhaust in leeds on Tuesday to have centre box removed, then may see about getting a de-cat pipe for it.

Yeah I know, £1 odd it cost me for a new sump plug.

The sub and amp are removed now and sold due to me using the car for business.

Had the centre box cut out today, went to longlife in leeds, they've done a decent job, and now I have no more rattleing from loose baffles in the centre box.

Sounds the same apart from at around 2k rpm it sounds ever so slightly louder if you've got your foot down, turbo whistle is slightly louder aswell.

Mpg is the same still I think and performance, the turbo does seem to spool up faster but couldnt call it a gain.

Will get a picture today if I can if I get 5 minutes.

DSCF1205.jpg

Crappy pic of centre box removed, hard to get a pic now its lowered, but you get the idea, the pipe runs from there abit further up the car.