Re coding a 2nd hand diesel pump

motionlee

Reaction score
Evening all, i am about to fit a 2nd diesel pump to a a4 v6 2.5 tdi on a 03 plate, due to it being faulty, but i am pretty certain they are coded, therfore could anyone confirm this for me and does anyone know how to re code it, i have vagcom as well if needed.
Any help is appreaciated
lee

there are two types of pumps "02" and "03". one does need coding ("03"), the other doesnt ("02").
bad news is, the reason you need to code it is the 03's are tied into the imobilizer. you cant recode the imobilizer unless youve got the online link to audi in germany as no-one is allowed too see the new code as it goes in.
does it all automatically on guided functions on the vas 5052 we have at work!

we did two at work recently, an 05 plate cab and an 04 plate allroad. both needed imobilzer recoding.

i dont know which type yours is just from the year and car.

Cheers murran i think mine will be the 03 one, i know these are a common problem with the electrical side failing as the mechanical side is fairly robust from what i can gather.
Would it help you if i said the pump module is sat on top of the pump ? and the pump also sits in between the two banks and as a seperate belt running off the passenger side camshaft ?

not really, both pumps and their locations are alike.

do you have the pump/pump cu part numbers to hand?