A4 corrosion warranty

robonmac

Reaction score
I've been looking at the previous posts and not found too much on the a4 variant on the corrosion warranties.I know that anything made after 1997 carries a 12 year guarantee and that main dealers are more slippery than a snake on a algae covered stone.Especially when it comes to honouring these claims.
Reason being is that my front wings on my 2001 are starting to bubble on the underside of the arches,most annoying and wondered if i could get something done at my local Stockport Smith Knight Fay dealership.
Some of the guys on the a3 pages have had mixed luck in this area.
Any ideas?

I received a letter the other day from Audi uk and as such has been recalled about the plenum chamber or something and it's going in tomorrow,so i'm wondering if i should haggle about the rust?

I'd like to hear the outcome of this as the top of my lock carrier in the engine bay is seriously looking a bit rusty, 52 plate avant.

How do you get away with that Avatar?...

it merely displays a man giving a respectable lady type a light lower back massage on the kind of tartan travel blanket you could expect to find in 1.8 se a4 avant.

Went in today to haggle over the rust spots and was told that the woman?? only did tuesdays and wednesdays!pah.
Or i could visit the bodyshop 10 miles away and see if i could grab someone there!
I know Audi will wriggle out of this if they can,all they need is the slightest of excuses not to pay up.Well it turns out that under close scrutiny of my paintwork reveals a bit of bodyshop repairs to my wings already,this surely will render any future work null and void won't it? Or should i try and blag it and hope that the person involved doesn't see the very faint swirls of bog under my paint?

cant hurt to try but who ever audi get to look at your car will be trained so may well see the prep marks under the paint if they are bad any way

I know Audi will wriggle out of this if they can,all they need is the slightest of excuses not to pay up.Well it turns out that under close scrutiny of my paintwork reveals a bit of bodyshop repairs to my wings already,this surely will render any future work null and void won't it? Or should i try and blag it and hope that the person involved doesn't see the very faint swirls of bog under my paint?

Did you buy the car from new?
If you bought it second hand was it through an Audi dealer?
Has it been regularly serviced by Audi dealers?