Central locking/Alarm problems

Chr1sgsi

Reaction score
Just picked up our new A3 (1999 on a T plate) and it has come with 3 keys. One of the keys has a white key symbol on it but doesnt seem to work the doors. Also when I open the doors with one of the other keys the hazards flash if i dont start the car straight away. Anyone else have this problem. I am new to Audis and there is no manual with the car.

should it be remote central locking on a 99 a3 ?, if it is then it doesnt like it if you use the key in door lock, also hazards flashing without any noise means your battery back up siren needs replacing (bargain at £80!!!! from audi)

the key with the symbol is a workshop or valet key should open drivers door and ign. only. idea is if giving the car to someone to work on then glove box and boot is kept private handy if you carry drugs in glovebox and dead bodies in boot????

None of the keys have remote locking on them, only a button with a torch light in it.

i got a 1999 (T) A3 "sport" mine has centrol locking as standard

i got a 1999 (T) A3 "sport" mine has centrol locking as standard

Mine is an SE version. It does have central locking but not remote central locking. Also if you open the drivers door with the key the passenger door doesent open with it. Anyone know why?. When i then open the door from the inside the boot lock then opens like it should with the central locking. A right pain in the ****.