Key fob dead!

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Bit of a strange one this, a while ago my key fob was working intermitantly so i changed the batteries and it seemed fine till yesterday when it stopped working alltogethor. Today i've replaced the batteries again and its still not working at all.
I can still open the car with the key but all it does is unlock the drivers door but the door LED's still flash indicating the alarm is still active, if anyone has any advice where to start looking or had a similar problem i'd love to hear about it.

Cheers, Dave.

I'm guessing you dont have a spare key fob to rule out the car being at fault?

check the metal contact in the keyfob where it pushes onto the 2 button batteries. that can easily come loose when you fit the case back on.
If that doesn't work, vagcom it will tell you the fault.

Thanks for the replies. Well it all seems good now, what I did was unlock it using the missus's fob then I tried to start it with my fob and it started no probs and now my fob works perfect again. Confused.com but it seems ok now.

Thanks for the replies. Well it all seems good now, what I did was unlock it using the missus's fob then I tried to start it with my fob and it started no probs and now my fob works perfect again. Confused.com but it seems ok now.
:think:

Well, if it works it works! Glad you got it sorted.