wiper blades/upgrades

MAD_Adamski

Reaction score
hi i have a 2002 B6 saloon A4 has any of you upgraded your wipers to aero ones i have looked online with no joy and my wipers are totally ******! any help grateful!

Ad

They pop up ebay from time put generally go for £50 plus - new ones being approx £80 for blades and arms iirc. Very worthwhile upgrade.

well on my A3 i just got the blades and there fine, however it seems that none fit the A4 standard to they ? you have to buy arms too aswell? Just want to be told the correct way to go without spending loads if something can be done good cheaper, im no tight **** but dont wanna spend loads on some poxy wipers lol

I have a 2002 avant, and like you have had problems buying new. I know some people on here have upgraded the arms to take the new blades, but I just go back to Audi for replacements now. I think the last pair were about £26.

my only thing is the aero ones actually work far better so if theres not much in it i dont mind!? but wanna know the best route, as said there seems to be a black hole for wipers on the 01-04 B6 A4

Are there any blades on ebay that are of the aero type that work with standard arms?

I had a set for my old B5.5 Passat and they worked great. Had a clip on them to secure...

I don't think the design of the arm allows a "clip on" solution.

I got a replacement set from Halfords..... Even with my trade card discount they were £22.

Tesco do aero wipers that fit normal arms :) Least they fit most other cars, not tried them on an A4 since mines already got aeros.

Was the halfrauds wipers bosch aeros for £22 on trade?

Tesco do aero wipers that fit normal arms :) Least they fit most other cars, not tried them on an A4 since mines already got aeros.

Was the halfrauds wipers bosch aeros for £22 on trade?

No, just standard wipers mate.....Halfrauds don't offer an aero alternative for the 01 - 04 B6

I found that non Audi oem wiper's were noisy when sweeping across the windscreen. I changed mine two week's ago for oem item's and zero noise.

well on my A3 i just got the blades and there fine, however it seems that none fit the A4 standard to they ? you have to buy arms too aswell? Just want to be told the correct way to go without spending loads if something can be done good cheaper, im no tight **** but dont wanna spend loads on some poxy wipers lol

You can buy new blades for your existing arms, I'm not too sure on price as they're a Bosch Audi specific fitment and available from the dealers (and a few other places according to the posts in this thread) Probably in the region of £10-15 each I would think.

OR go for an Aero conversion requiring new arms and blades for approx £80, with the cost of replacement blades the same or possibly less than standard blades (I think).

Personally I like Aero's, they're neater on the car and give a cleaner, quieter wipe in my experience.

You can buy new blades for your existing arms, I'm not too sure on price as they're a Bosch Audi specific fitment and available from the dealers (and a few other places according to the posts in this thread) Probably in the region of £10-15 each I would think.

OR go for an Aero conversion requiring new arms and blades for approx £80, with the cost of replacement blades the same or possibly less than standard blades (I think).

Personally I like Aero's, they're neater on the car and give a cleaner, quieter wipe in my experience.

aero's and arms where from mate? its fairly urgent you see as the wipers have NO wiper on them they fell off :keule:

I found that non Audi oem wiper's were noisy when sweeping across the windscreen. I changed mine two week's ago for oem item's and zero noise.

I did 220 miles on the motorway yesterday....in on and off rain, with no noise (the only noise was wind noise when the wiper was sweeping the screen) Halfords offer fair quality for the money. I would assume that the halfords blades are probably made by one of the big manufacturers anyway.......

aero's and arms where from mate? its fairly urgent you see as the wipers have NO wiper on them they fell off :keule:

The dealer or pjmspeedy on here (assuming he's about, I've not seen him on here of late) - if it's urgent I'd probably just replace what you've got then.

The dealer or pjmspeedy on here (assuming he's about, I've not seen him on here of late) - if it's urgent I'd probably just replace what you've got then.

if i have to order from the dealer for the wipers anyway why not order the arms? what arms do i need to fit IE what car or what year a4 etc?

Here you go:

8E2955408C - OS WIPER ARM
8E2955407C - NS WIPER ARM
4B2955425C - AERO BLADES.

Thanks for the info, this is a mod i would like to do.

Cheers All.