bird-crap

stuart scott

Reaction score
A bird crapped in the centre of my roof ,it was only on the car a couple of hours and it has badly etched the paint work, any idea's how to remove this mark without having to machine polish .the car is only three months old A5 in phantom black. thanks in advance .

Give it a going over with a clay bar then some super resin polish or similar should bring it out.

hmm- I'm not sure that's accurate.

For a start, the amount of contaminents left after the mess is away will be small and the car is only months old so there won't be alot stuck there anyway. AND it's in the centre of the roof which won't exactly see alot of tar spotting...

Just went through this with my 8L last week- you want to make sure it's clean, then rub into the spot with some T-cut (I used the "original" formula even though I have a dark metallicas apparently it's better). Keep going till you can hear a swirling sound coming from the area. Remove excess and THEN add the Super Resin Polish, or what ever you prefer.

It worked a miracle on mine...

Good luck!

JimP

DONT use T cut. It is like Satans *****.

Get some megs swirl/scratch remover etc. You wont need to clay it. Just use some of the megs .

Basically what you are trying to do is remove the lacquer which has marked from the poo, taking it to a nice fresh section.

once you have meg'd it, put your usual polish and wax on top

Job done.

I did it this way a few times, need some elbow grease, but it will work and get rid of it.

You can always start by claying the area and then use a machine polish if you have one. Else next time keep a small bottle of detailing spray or wet wipe the bird bombs away in future.

I have bought meguires Ultimate compound, has anyone tried this product it say's it is clearcoat safe and is used for removing bird crap etching and swirls in paintwork. any comments before I try it would be welcome.

Should be ok, just make sure you use a damp applicator pad and give it a good wax after.

Jimmp - "till you can HEAR a swirling sound"!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!

I know ! anyway the meguires ultimate compound did the job in about 30 seconds without any swirling sound. I recommend it for etching and swirls.

Glad you sorted it.

I hope you have burnt the t cut :)

meguires quick detailer? with a good bit of swirl x beforehand?

that should do it

I had the same issue the other day. Thanks for all the help.