exhaust evaluation

jolly14

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm looking to sell my 1.8t exhaust (stainless 1 coming in the next week) but dont know how much they are fetching any ideas would be grateful:ermm:

thanks jay

I sold mine for £60 (down pipe back) to a member on here.

Grr, I left mine to be scrapped!! It looked so horible I didn't want it back - Didn't realise I could have got a few quid!! Dol!

Paid £80 for mine ( cat back ) off an 04 plate car
its still clean with no rust at all on it thou ,
oh yeah i travelled a round trip of 240miles too pick it up as well :)

lol what i meant was will it fit INTO (inside) an estate car lol. Or will i need a big van etc.

Just strap it underneath to your other exhaust and drive carefully over speed bumps lol.

Jay

As above I doubt it will fit in an avant as its as wide as the car, and if genuine its all one piece.

I used Paisley Freight to courier mine and amazingly they did it all in for £20

just been sent this from a breakers yard and they say it is from a 1.8t a4 b6. Can anyone confirm what audi this is from?

483.jpg

just been sent this from a breakers yard and they say it is from a 1.8t a4 b6. Can anyone confirm what audi this is from?

483.jpg

That is not a 1.8t exhaust..

exactly, ive told them it is def not from a 1.8t b6 and they keep saying that my car is wrong and it is def of a 1.8t. Getting no where with them.

Ive already said it could be from a v6 and they started having a massive go saying it is def from a 1.8t fwd b6.

sent them two pics of different b6 1.8t exhausts but they still think im wrong!

This is a 18.t B6 exhaust. This is my old one.

IMG_2389.jpg
IMG_2391.jpg

It's definitely a V6 exhaust as the forward section has two seperate pipes from the downpipes. The 1.8T only has one pipe from the downpipe as shown in the pics above .. I've had both 1.8T and V6 VAG cars and can 100% confirm this as being the case.

Can some one on here with the manuals on disc please post up the pictures from the manuls for both 1.8T and V6 variant exhaust sytems so you can show this comany the FACTS and get sorted out with them?

thanks guys, ive already sent them two pics of 1.8t exhausts and told them the case but they think im wrong and dont know what im saying.

Ive even sent them orginal 1.8t exhaust part numbers but they still think their correct.

Real hassle as ive got a exhaust which isnt even for a 1.8t lying around my house!

would be grateful if someone could post me pics from the manuals etc.

Tatterz. I would find another scrap yard or save your money for a stainless steel exhaust..

mate, after telling them 100 times they finally giving me a refund! why is it so hard to come across a 1.8t exhaust lol!

Tatterz when buying 2nd hand part's it alway's good to know the person who is selling them, or get to see the car the part's are coming off or scrap yard or owner of the car.. I think it's crazy that now day's the scrap yard's will not let you walk around them due to health and safety.

There are two scrap yard's a few mile's from me and you have to queue up in the office and then ask a girl behind a desk for an item you want and she then talk's to a staff member over a walkie talkie, after a a few minutes the member of staff will buzz back in and say... No we don't have any, she then say's No we don't have any (i fu$$ing heard the first time) i feel like say to her.

I've looked on ETKA, but it's not as easy as just posting a picture I'm afraid. The parts are all broken down and listed alongside each other, ie quattro, 1.8/2.0/1.9/2.5 etc - so it's not a case of posting a complete 1.8T system next to a 2.5 etc

some ppl a should have just told them to come fit it if they are so sure its the right one